Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: installation errors

Poster

Surprised/Amazed

hi every one, i am fighting with the below problem from 3weeks, hope anyone can solve my problem, i am getting a crc error {see the attached file} when i am installing games.i have the image files of games which i downloaded, when i tried to install from the virtual drive there r no errors in installation , but when i write the image files into cds, and then install, problen occurs, i tried changing "operating system", "cd writer/dvdwriter", changed company "blank disks",changed writing software, scanned full system with antivirus2005,.but when i connected my hdd as a slave to another pc and write the images, installation from that cds work great,, i have also changed, the data cables which i connect to hdd and mother board, please , please anyone help me out from this problem.i have so many images to write into cds, thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Games   -   #2
    Did you get the file from Kazaa? Also tried just hitting Ignore for all of them? Try a program called CDMage (its free google for it) Open the ISO in CDMage wait for it tscan and pick up all the errors then click repair sectors, if that doesnt work click rebuild sectors. Has worked everytime i use to get these errors.

3. Games   -   #3
    Retired
    maybe the drive you use has problems reading the brand of disks you currently use?

4. Games   -   #4
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    try burning at a slower speed. mine often dont work if i do them at 24x or more, so i do them at 8x to be safe
    Last edited by TheDave; 02-23-2005 at 04:04 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    y ai tried cdmage but there r no errors, i also change the medium{disks) to burn, i downloaded them from DIFFERENT ftp siteS, HOW CAN ALL THE IMAGES I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, I THINK IMAGES R FINE, BUT CANT FIGURE OUT WHATS THE PROBLEM IS,HELP ME

6. Games   -   #6
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    peerzy. calm down

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    I Tried Burned Them In 8 And 16x, But The Same Problem, Only When I Am Burning On My Pc Only, Burning From Other Pc Works Fine.

8. Games   -   #8
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    well your cd-writers dieing then

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    peerzy. calm down

Its the ghost of Christmas past for me, its nice to see a Mini-Peerzy

One of two things is happening.

1)Your hard drive is dieing
    2)Your cd writer is dieing

Its hardware releated basically if CDMage didn't find any problems. Also what do you mean you got it from different ftp sites. PM me and i'll help you out.

10. Games   -   #10
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I used to get those errors. It turned out a stick of my ram died. R.I.P., Value Ram.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast