Thread: Linux On X-box Guide? Please Help

im looking for a good guide that explains everything need to install linux on the x-box...also looking for a copy of linux for x-box

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    See Xbox Linux Project for details regarding Xbox and Linux. Or jump straight to the Getting Startedpage.

Check Verifieds for Linux or run a search.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    im not looking for the normal linux theres a speacial linux for x-box...that was made just for xbox and i think i've seen those site but im looking for an all in on guide the will tell me everything and what programs and files i need

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i read it again thanx that should help anyone else have any info that might help??? also in that artical it said x-box can't read cd-r's????i don't understand my x-box reads cd-r's just fine?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Lord of the KLF
    First of all for the most off them u will need a mod chip to run linux on it (ILLEGAL)
    or there is one i have heard that takes advantage of a good old buffer overflow so u can run code not digitaly signed by microsoft- but im not sure where i read this i will take a look thru my history for u

but once u create the buffer overflow then u can run ANY code not digitaly signed by microsoft so any distro of linux should be fine

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    follow the guide on the site above and you should be fine running linux. That buffer overflow in 007 means you can now run linux with a unmodded x-box.

If your x-box has been modded then there is an easy way to run linux.

sourceforge try there that is where you will find the x-box version of linux.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    wat are u trying to do take the parts!?!!?!? lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ok cool i'll look around see what i can find...I heard there was a site that sold premoddified x-box's with linux does anyone know a site that sells them cause i'd like to check it out....Also are there pics of the Evo X dashboard and with linux installed on the x-box??

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Does anyone one know if theres a site that sells xboxs moddified and has linux preinstalled???

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10