Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam updates

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    So... No Emporio updates yet? I cant even play garry's mod now because of some reason.
    Emporio is useless. But lets not make this thread into a "Cracking Discussion"

2. Games   -   #32
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    So... No Emporio updates yet? I cant even play garry's mod now because of some reason.

just buy the game dude, it's only 50 bucks USD last i saw (or cheaper, dont remember). it's worth the money.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #33
    Retired
    March 23, 2005, 5:46 pm · Alfred Reynolds
    An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

* Added buy favorite system
    * Added location names to voice chat
    * Soundscape files will be loaded properly for custom maps
    * Fixed tinnitus effect for HE grenades playing twice
    * Fixed the Five-Seven's price not matching the value in the buy menu
    * Fixed case where money and chat HUD icons sometimes being the wrong color at round start
    * Target IDs will no longer show when mp_fadetoblack is active
    * When mp_humanteam is active human teams will be allowed to spectate
    * The "hostage" field of the "hostage_rescued" event is filled in correctly
    * Equipping the silencer is canceled if the player switches weapons
    * Fixed problems with the hostage shack door in cs_compound
    * Fixed "Hostage Rescue Zone" not showing up properly in chat and under the radar
    * Players can only change their names once every 10 seconds, with a max of 5 times every 10 minutes
    * "Enemy Spotted" hint text doesn't show for players behind smoke clouds
    * Flashbang effect can't be reduced by hitting escape or turning off the HUD

Source Engine

* Fixed registry handle leak in VCR mode
    * Added explicit engine error when trying to render too many decals in a frame
    * Sound files will work properly when in a packfile now.

4. Games   -   #34
    Djtima's Avatar ^__^
    the favourites system sounds sweet...
    i might go on for a test drive

Tima's : [ Devart - AudioScrobbler - Xfire ]

5. Games   -   #35
    Retired
    Counter-Strike: Source and Source Engine Updates Available
    March 25, 2005, 3:56 pm · Alfred Reynolds
    An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

* Fixed crash when turning on the budget panel in Counter-Strike: Source.

Source Engine

* Fixed exploit that would allow clients to spawn large numbers of temporary entities on clients, causing a crash.

6. Games   -   #36
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Djtima
    the favourites system sounds sweet...
    i might go on for a test drive

the fav system is indeed helpful. pressing one button will shave off 5-10 clicks

7. Games   -   #37
    Retired
    Friday, April 1 2005

An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This update addresses requests for more realism in Counter-Strike: Source. The changes are as follows:

Features/Additions
    Doubled player speed when jumping. The effect to cumulative, so the more you jump, the faster you go.
    Cut price of AWP by 50%.
    Added akimbo Riot Shield to buy menu.
    Removed de_dust from mapcycle.
    Realism Enhancements:

Knives:
    Between rounds, it is suggested that you unsheath the weapon and repeatedly press the attack key to air it out as the leather now collects moisture and creates pits on the blade, making it less effective in the next round.

Shotguns:
    1. Firing the shotgun without ammo loaded will now cause it to jam.
    2. When the shotgun jams, press F2 to fill out form DA-1823-00/A12-H8.
    3. You should then hear a scribbling sound. When it stops, press F3 to send the request to LIDM.
    4. Failure to do paperwork before pressing F3 will result in the immediate return of the unrepaired shotgun.
    5. The repairs can take 1-2 rounds for completion. During that time, you cannot purchase a replacement firearm and may only use your sidearm or knife.

Player Models:
    Several models now feature eyewear. This is a completely cosmetic enhancement with the following exceptions:

Part EP-7829-292-2 must be purchased and worn correctly at all times in order to see during the round.

In between rounds, you may purchase and use part EC-2231-833-H34 to clean your EP-7829-292-2. Note: that this does not clean the eyewear itself!

To clean the eyewear, you need to purchase and use the designated cleaner, EC-2231-233-H34, EC-2231-523-H34, or EC-2231-239-H34a respectively depending on your model's eyewear. You can determine the part # of the correct cleaner by asking someone.

Machine and submachine guns:

At least once every five rounds, press F1 to inspect the weapon:
    A musical cue indicates that the inspection has started. Now press F1 again repeatedly to clean and lubricate the weapon.

Your Preventative Maintenance Status (either "cleaning" or "lubricating") is determined by the speed with which you press the F1 key and will be displayed above your head.

To accurately simulate real life maintenance mistakes, pressing F1 too quickly will lubricate either the bolt face or the trunnion block. Pressing F1 too slowly sprays lubricant directly into the buffer tube. All mistakes render the gun inoperable, though this may not become immediately apparent.

Experiment with keypress timing to avoid (and discover!) other common maintenance errors.

In order to balance the improved stopping power of a well-maintained weapon, the reloading process has been made much less reliable.

When reloading, you should listen for two or three distinct clicks over a period of several seconds.

If you hear one click or no clicks or more than two clicks, you've bent the link ejector chute and the gun will most likely explode on the next attempt to fire it, though it may not.

Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 04-02-2005 at 11:58 AM.

8. Games   -   #38
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i wish that were true

9. Games   -   #39
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    wow ike did you make that up lol i was reading and was like OMGWTFBBQ!!!111

10. Games   -   #40
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    wow ike did you make that up lol i was reading and was like OMGWTFBBQ!!!111
    It was on steam news April 1st
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 04-03-2005 at 08:42 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast