Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: FST discussion

  1. #1
    vernarial
    Guest
    You have a very nice site here. I am a member of several forums related to the same topics you cover here. I will definitely be registering here shortly. I am a member of a forum you might have heard of called p2pconsortium. The main thing there is to give people from all the different sites a place to congregate. I was just wondering if you guys minded if I linked to you here at that forum, and let people know about this place. I could even put up a banner for you there if you all have one I could use. I was just loking for some different forums when I stumbled across this site. You all seem very nice and intelligent.

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    vernarial
    Guest
    Oops. I guess you guys already have an affiliate link over there.

  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Welcome aboard and thanks for compliments...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-26-2005 at 03:55 AM.

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    I noticed they had a Affiliates picture.

    maybe you can ask them to change it into the one I uploaded. The one they use now doesnt look nice
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-26-2005 at 10:48 AM.

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Also as a note to Brian thats how are Frontpage should look like, im quite happy and i would have thought others would be to pm Brian stories for him to add, it shows who's online and a few forum stats on the side and has a nice navigation box on the left next to a PayPal donate button.


  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Also as a note to Brian thats how are Frontpage should look like, im quite happy and i would have thought others would be to pm Brian stories for him to add, it shows who's online and a few forum stats on the side and has a nice navigation box on the left next to a PayPal donate button.
    They use a IPB mod.

    I found one for vBulletin:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59524

    But it is still a RC.

  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    They use a IPB mod.

    I found one for vBulletin:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59524

    But it is still a RC.

    Look at our URL: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/ implying that theres still a fucked up IPB install somewhere on the servers. Meaning (as most people hate VB here anyway) if we fixed the IPB and say took the board down for two hours Brian could backup the forum and import it into IPB and if for some reason it got fucked we would still have a working VB board and a working backup just incase.

    Brian knows nothing about Vb than he does about IPB but the only reason we moved to this shitty software is Krohn. IPB is also alot more 'n00b' admin friendly. It just seems that the admin and mod team can work on installing/fixing the IPB forum without effecting the VB one and if the VB ever had a database crash we could quickly and easly migrate over to the IPB one. After all we've all learnt here that database backups seem to go fucko alot.


  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Look at our URL: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/ implying that theres still a fucked up IPB install somewhere on the servers. Meaning (as most people hate VB here anyway) if we fixed the IPB and say took the board down for two hours Brian could backup the forum and import it into IPB and if for some reason it got fucked we would still have a working VB board and a working backup just incase.

    Brian knows nothing about Vb than he does about IPB but the only reason we moved to this shitty software is Krohn. IPB is also alot more 'n00b' admin friendly. It just seems that the admin and mod team can work on installing/fixing the IPB forum without effecting the VB one and if the VB ever had a database crash we could quickly and easly migrate over to the IPB one. After all we've all learnt here that database backups seem to go fucko alot.
    We changed to vBulletin because something went wrong when Error tried tried to change something in the settings (dunno what). because we didnt had a backup of the board (made within 30 days) and we had a temp board which was created not long before the forum got fucked up, we changed to vB instead of starting from scratch

    I think all the IPB stuff was removed (not sure). I thought about this option some time ago, but never talked about it with Brian. I prefer IPB. but if we are not going to have new 'stuff' and just keep it how it is now, then there is no need to change 2 IPB again. We should only do major changes if Brian still wants to inprove this website.


    (split the thread from the guest section and posted in here)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-26-2005 at 06:31 PM.

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Quote Originally Posted by vernarial
    ...You all seem very nice and intelligent.
    :evidence:

    Yep, he's posting at the wrong board, prolly 'cos he had multiple tabs open.

    I did it myself when I was drunk.

  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Site Owner
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    714
    Nah no going back to IPB. I know VB much better then IPB and have switched all my forums over to VB. Without the switch to VB this forum would be almost dead.

    If you guys want something for the front page I can probably have my programmer make something nice that is integrated with the forum.

    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •