Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: pharmacists refusing requests

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    In America, a pharmacy can refuse to sell what they want.

But that's America.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    lynx's Avatar .
    I hope they sell air freshener, there seems to be an old fart drifting around.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    To answer the first question.

She should have supplied the drug, or resigned. It's her job and if she is not willing to do it then she should leave. IMO Boots would be perfectly entitled to sack anyone who is not willing to perform their job.

To answer the hypothetical question.

If a shopkeep does not wish to supply a specific product then (s)he simply shouldn't stock it. Given the scenario as painted it is unlikely that the council, or anyone else would take any punitive action. That would hardly be in the best interests of the community as a whole.

With regard to the "morning after pill" it works in two ways. It either stops the ovary from releasing an egg, or if it prevents a fertilized egg from embedding in the womb lining. It is therefore either a contraceptive or a form of abortion, depending on how it works in the specific case.
    Is anyone else going to answer the thread question differently or is there someone with the same insight that we've heard before.

Seriously though, thanks for the clarification on the morning after pill. I thought I heard something about "it prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterine wall" but didn't know it prevented ovulation.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Poster
    [QUOTE=Busyman]Is anyone else going to answer the thread question differently or is there someone with the same insight that we've heard before.

You have challenged me, Busyman.

I live in a small town, but do not get my all my prescriptions from the local pharmacy. I do most of my business at a pharmacy 25 miles away. Not for the same reasons as mentioned in the thread. More as a way to keep my pharmacy choices my business, and not the whole towns.

The distant pharmacy actually delivers daily to their customers in our town. There is no extra charge for this, probably because quite a bit of business is done by this pharmacy in our town.

Bigboab, if your local pharmacy has chosen to overlook some customer's needs, and nothing legal can be done about this, could this be an option?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    [QUOTE=Everose]
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Is anyone else going to answer the thread question differently or is there someone with the same insight that we've heard before.

You have challenged me, Busyman.

I live in a small town, but do not get my all my prescriptions from the local pharmacy. I do most of my business at a pharmacy 25 miles away. Not for the same reasons as mentioned in the thread. More as a way to keep my pharmacy choices my business, and not the whole towns.

The distant pharmacy actually delivers daily to their customers in our town. There is no extra charge for this, probably because quite a bit of business is done by this pharmacy in our town.

Bigboab, if your local pharmacy has chosen to overlook some customer's needs, and nothing legal can be done about this, could this be an option?
    Thanks Evey.

I have Kaiser Permanente for medical and they have their own pharmacy. It's not really a "town" pharmacy.

I have a CVS and Rite Aid 3 miles from my house (they are literally across the street from each other), another CVS 4 miles away, another 2 miles away in the other direction and the Kaiser is next to the CVS that's 4 miles away. All of these are in some way on my way from work except for the one CVS 2 miles away and that's closest to home.

Dontcha love metropolitan areas? Ironically I live in a farm area that's part of the Washington Metropolitan area.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-28-2005 at 04:02 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Rose

Yes most 'Chemists' do home deliveries. I actually saw this incident reported in the Sunday papers. Had it happened to me I would have had the option to go to another 'Chemist' as there are five in the town. I would have reported the shop to my doctor nevertheless. Not that i have much need for the product.

@ Lynx. If you have a flatulence problem I hope it would not be remiss of me to suggest that you visit one of the above establishments. I have heard that they stock stuff that could help you. Considering your age it would be unkind of them to refuse.
    Last edited by bigboab; 02-28-2005 at 02:54 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    A Boots assistant once refused to sell me multivitamins and cod liver oil tablets at the same time, saying that if I took both at the same time I would be exceeding my Reccommended Daily Allowance of something or other...

Quite often they refuse to sell me more than one packet of paracetamol capsules at a time too. (must be that miserable expression on my face when I've got a migraine... )

Anyway, bottom line is, Boots are a law unto themselves, just deal with it. (I managed to get my multivitamins with no trouble on the following day..)

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    A Boots assistant once refused to sell me multivitamins and cod liver oil tablets at the same time, saying that if I took both at the same time I would be exceeding my Reccommended Daily Allowance of something or other...

Quite often they refuse to sell me more than one packet of paracetamol capsules at a time too. (must be that miserable expression on my face when I've got a migraine... )

Anyway, bottom line is, Boots are a law unto themselves, just deal with it. (I managed to get my multivitamins with no trouble on the following day..)

Now that's interesting...

It sounds like Boots needs some mindyourbusinessism.
    What if you wanted 2 packages of multivitamins?
    What if the multivitamins and cod liver oil tablets were for different people?

To much meddling imo.

A pharmacy like that around here would make the news and the corporate owners would be boycotted.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 12:03 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Now that's interesting...

It sounds like Boots needs some mindyourbusinessism.
    What if you wanted 2 packages of multivitamins?
    What if the multivitamins and cod liver oil tablets were for different people?

To much meddling imo.

A pharmacy like that around here would make the news and the corporate owners would be boycotted.
    Too much vitamin A killed some explorer or other that ate a Polar Bear's liver on an Arctic expedition. Taking a lot of paracetamol is bad for you.

So a Boots employee decided not to sell something that could be bad for a person's health.

Sounds like he or she was being responsible - or in the case of the paracetamol, obeying the law.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i believe that many companies have policies like that. it may seem like meddling but there are reasons under the policy. Some times it does seem silly though with rules like only selling one bottle of asprin at a time.....just go next door and buy another bottle there. I believe i read somewhere that many on the shelf drugs are supplied in smaller packets as well (25 tablets instead of 100)

In my state one is carded (has to give ID) to buy alcohol and tobbacco..... even if you are obviously in you late 70s.
    Home depot will not sell adhesive, spray paint or many cleaning products to anyone under 18 here. I assume that may not just be local policy.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast