Thread: Mohaa-What the bleep did I get?

m.lawrence's Avatar KazaaLite User
    I downloaded this one off fasttrack using klite(of course) and I'm not sure if I got some kind of joke file(not laughing tho) or do I need to take steps to "reveal" the actual file. Does anyone have any idea if it's good for the trash or can I still salvage it. Nothing happens when I left click on the executable, and my virus scanner cleared it. By the way, I have a 56k modem and just look at the speeds I was getting. Normally it would take 10 hours to download, this one completed in about three. The other pic is the "Properties" of the file. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Games   -   #2
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Never download apps from Kazaa, i wouldn't be surprised if that was fake/a virus

3. Games   -   #3
    Stop that download, its a fake version. Try getting the file via Emule, Bittorent or Newsgroups.

4. Games   -   #4
    Thanks for the answer, but it's my first experience with a fake file using klite so I wasn't sure. I might look into bittorent, it seems to be the most talked about, but I've been using klite for years and I can pretty well tell the corn from the chaff and I have a logical partition full of apps and games to prove it, but perhaps it's time to move on....

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by m.lawrence
    Thanks for the answer, but it's my first experience with a fake file using klite so I wasn't sure. I might look into bittorent, it seems to be the most talked about, but I've been using klite for years and I can pretty well tell the corn from the chaff and I have a logical partition full of apps and games to prove it, but perhaps it's time to move on....
    Its time to move on for sure. If you like the way Kazaa works (search and download) then i susgest Emule, hardly any fakes but it does take its time to get going so not the best for 56k.

6. Games   -   #6
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by m.lawrence
    it says in the title of what you are downloading on Kazaa is Red Alert2 full version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DanB; 02-27-2005 at 09:16 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Hmm, I think you may be on to something there, dan.

8. Games   -   #8
    I noticed that too, some of the sources had mohaa in the title and some had red alert 2, but all had the file name mohaa class rip.exe so I figured some people just renamed the title wrong, but it's all moot anyway, the file is gone and I'm off to do some research on bittorent. Peerzy, if that's the case with emule and 56k then I'll not bother with that, as it's bad enough downloading a couple hundred megs as it is even when everything works good. I guess I've just been spoiled lately as normally I would have just trashed mohaa the minute I saw it wasn't a valid compressed file or installer, but I downloaded Rune and Half Life recently and both work excellent with nothing ripped so I guess I was hoping for three for three. Well I already use WinMx for tunes so I suppose I'll check out bittorent for games. Later everyone, take care.

9. Games   -   #9
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    like peerz said, dump kazaa. if u like how kazaa works, u can give Ares a try, almost identical program, but virtually no fakes or viruses (for single mp3's, movies, video, etc.). but for games and apps (and full albums) i highly recommend BitTorrent.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Games   -   #10
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    yeah a dead giveaway of afake file, would be the download speed with a dialup modem. title changes are another. klite went to hell anyway, like others have said ares is good for everything.