Thread: super-easy dvd backup possible?

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    searched, and couldn't find anything.

someone i know who is ultimately computer illiterate got a DVD burner and wants to know if they can back-up all of their dvds. is there any really easy way to do this without having to download half a dozen different programs, crack most of them and then wait for 4 hours to resample it or something?

i seriously doubt there is because where is the fun without all that other stuff?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ok. thanks. i'll tell them to get that and then set them loose with the doom9 guide.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    yeah dvdshrink is pretty much the fastest decent-quality movie backup program that i know of, at present. it's different from other movie encoding programs 'cause it "transcodes" dvds rather than encoding from scratch. it is possible to achieve better quality with some slower programs, but dvdshrink has the best quality vs speed trade-off if you're concerned with how many hours it requires. tell your friend to make sure to use the "deep analysis" option, which is very much worth the extra 30 to 60 minutes that it adds to a typical backup.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Try this...seems pretty fast. Faster than DVDShrink...atleast that's what it says on their website.

http://www.wincopydvd.com/

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ive not had any problems with dvd x copy express... basically a one step process for disc to disc copies with very little noticeable quality degredation...

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    use DVDSHRINK !!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    i showed her dvdshrink and it worked perfectly for her.

thanks for your help guys.