Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Settle The Download Speed Issue Once And For All

Originally posted by Skillian@11 April 2003 - 22:42
    But he works for General Dynamics and knows a lot about the subject. He told us this!

I just want him to come back and reply on this thread.
    LMAO !! LOL .. I hear ya. The guy that wrote the articles that I pointed him to in a previous post IS a MODEM engineer and has been for quite a few years. I just came back to this post out of sheer curiosity.. I thought this issue had already been resolved... a long time ago.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    actually, the original poster was right, i downloaded the matrix reloaded (i found out it didnt work afterwards) at over 35kb a second, it was always over 35kb, u just need a high bandwidth, i found out that if u find more sources from the user the bandwidth u r downloading at from that user will increase by hundreds even thousands at times, u just have to look for it.

and no, i am not a retard.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    So are you gonna take over from this guy and say all broadband users are being fooled!

As someone said earlier it's possible with a fake cos the file is just actually blank frames, but the original poster wasn't right I'm afraid.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    I can't believe how stupid people are. If you are going at 40 kb/sec then theres a bug somewhere! You are limited to how fast you can go because you are on a crappy phone line that cant handle fast transfer rates hence why people upgrade to broadband!! Why do you think broadbands about? The max i could ever go at was about 5.5 kb/secs. It makes absolutely no difference if you download from someone who has the fastest ever connection in the whole world, you will still be limited because your poor little phone line cant go any faster!

Maybe if youre on some sort of cable modem that goes at 56 k and you have a crack for it tne maybe yes, you might be able to go faster i dont know, but I certainly know a lot about modems and have downloaded things from people with very fast connections and i couldnt get over 5.5 kb/sec. Believe me I have suffered with a modem for a long time!

The reason the original poster hasnt come back is because he probably feels so stupid!

If it was true then there wouldnt be all these people posting here about how you cant!

People who go on the net really should have some sort of understanding about how their modem works and their limitations:p

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    yeh, guess so, im jus in denial.
    sigh.
    Dumb modem, sometimes u have to wonder, theres all this technology hacks, etc, and i cant even get my speed higher than a measily 5 f*****g kB.

its a mixed up world, i mean computer world out there.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    STOP NOW!!!!

Seems this post has gotten way to much attention...
    This must be a prank to see how high you all can jump.
    BOING, BOING.

This is actually funny in a "retard" type of way!!!!

Hay ya kna wht...
    My 14.4 dl at a "BILLION" kb/ms (ms=millisecond)

Wat da ya sy ta tat.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    my 14.4 is so fast, it's capable of downloading physical objects. a corvette popped out of the modem this morning.

and i won the nobel prize for science, so i know what i'm talking about.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    akitotinkawa2 must be a brain surgeon in his spare time. the only other thread he started on these forums was a post asking what's a good site for verified movies.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?&ac...=25&t=26040&hl=

um... how about our Verified Movies forum?

guess you guys flamed him till he was too scared to start any more thoughtful posts.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Sorry Mate you are talking rubbish I have had a modem for a long long time. You may see a quick download spike of say 40k but that will last for a second or two. You will not get much faster than a 6kbs download speed. To download a Final Destination 2 disk in that time would not be correct. If it was one of these crap 170 Meg avi files then maybe but a decent quality mpeg of say 700k would not download in 2 hours. Sorry you are mistaken, maybe you need some sleep?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I'd be happy just to get my 56k to dl at 5.5KBps consistantly. I have had dl's at 5, but usually 3.5-4 is max

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast