Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Settle The Download Speed Issue Once And For All

Originally posted by Dombler@19 April 2003 - 04:46
    I connect at 115,200 bps. I just downloaded a movie today at 285,000 kbs. I think it is possible to get atleast 40,000 kbs out of a 56k modem. Only if you know what your doing.
    NOT AGAIN,

STOP THIS NONSENSE ABOUT WHAT YOU

DON'T KNOW

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    Originally posted by JaVnI@19 April 2003 - 10:32
    That original guy whatever his name is i do not wnat to know is talking absolute shit!
    I have cable modem and my speeds are up to 70kb/s on kazaa lite downloads
    When i had 56k they were up to 16kb/s kazaa downloads
    It depends on both bandwidths. I am sure because i have seen the difference.
    When you d/l from som1 you connect to them. The connection speed is the average speed - the distance that slows it down. This speed is what you use to d/l from someone.
    EG: If someone is in UK and someone is in USA.
    Uk person starts downloading of USA who has Cable modem (512kb/s). Uk person only has 56k modem. This means the avg. is 284kb/s.
    Now we minus the distance slow down
    we now hav 184kb/s
    divide by 8: 23kb/s
    so maximum speed from that is 23kb/s.
    But lets say that person has loads of other people d/l from him.
    lets minus 10kb/s
    13kb/s will then be your max.
    enough said
    AND AGAIN????

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    Originally posted by Just_me@18 April 2003 - 00:32
    akitotinkawa2 you have been taking a lots of crap. Let me add something
    to this download speed thing that I have not seen. We are talking about downloading from the internet so the location from where you are downloading and how many Nodes (carriers) you have to go through makes
    a different. You can have T1, DSL, Cable or a 56k but if the other end or any thing in the middle nodes is slower. You get the picture.
    I must say here that a "nodes" function is to search, though once connected and downloading you are "p2p" (as it is callled), at that point the node could ony add more sources.
    Going through shitty nodes makes searches slow as well as finding more sources.
    If nodes had any factor in the actual download I think they would expload (he he).
    Please correct me if I am wrong!
    Bye.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@16 April 2003 - 13:22
    my 14.4 is so fast, it's capable of downloading physical objects. a corvette popped out of the modem this morning.

and i won the nobel prize for science, so i know what i'm talking about.
    Wow thats cool

Speaking of which my m8 in Australia faxed me a kangaroo last nite, cant seem to send it back , i asked for one in green.

Oh well

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    i don't like downloading kangaroos, generally i find the speeds to be a bit jumpy

i apologise unreservedly. sorry
    i'll get my coat

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567