Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more death penalty for juveniles

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    I'm happy to say the Supreme Court has ruled there can be no more executions of juveniles. It's about time. Any thoughts?
    link
    Last edited by ruthie; 03-01-2005 at 11:45 PM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I support the death penalty for certain crimes and have stated before that the system needs to be tightened up to eliminate any chance of errors. Beyond reasonable doubt is not good enough. It must be without any doubt whatsoever.

I do however fully agree that juveniles should not be executed or adults convicted for crimes committed when they were juveniles.

Along with this I believe the age at which one can do everything...drinking for example...should be set at the age that one can be considered old enough to be executed. Set an age that is universal for everything and at that age you are on your own.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes! come on. Let the wee bastards away with the ultimate crime.
    I know you have heard it all before. But when I was young if a youngster commited a crime. He went to the court. his name went in the paper. the family were put to shame and kept them under control. (Well most of them). Forget all this the police gave me a kick in the arse. That is all bollocks. I went to court for stealing apples out of an orchard at 8. My name went in the paper. Never broke another law,

Along come the do gooders. No crimes for juveniles, no naming and shaming. Go into any Mall at the weekend and see what the do gooders have done. The kids are running riot. They are having to employ security guards in schools. I could go on and on.

Has anyone ever thought that murder may be in the genes? So lets keep them alive to breed more murders? Let's fill the prisons costing millions every year. No let's them back out again to murder again It is happening. Nobody can deny that. Happened on Monday there(UK), man put in the loony bin for stabbing someone to death. Gets out, within hours stabs someone else to death.

Think of the victims before you think of the criminals.

P.S. I hate it when the cat wants out in the bloody middle of the night.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    I'm happy to say the Supreme Court has ruled there can be no more executions of juveniles. It's about time. Any thoughts?
    link
    They're getting there...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    This wont even let me edit.

# The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.
    Last edited by bigboab; 03-02-2005 at 10:28 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    This wont even let me edit.
    You must have pressed the quote button, it wont let you quote without writing something underneath the quote. It's foxed me when I've clicked the wrong button a few times hoping to edit.
    Last edited by manker; 03-02-2005 at 10:57 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    You must have pressed the quote button, it wont let you quote without writing something underneath the quote. It's foxed me when I've clicked the wrong button a few times hoping to edit.
    Thanks. I thinkl that is what i did. highlighted the text, then hit the quote button. Lots of problems with firefox. Not being able to put smilies in the centre of text. They just jump to the end. Back to IE methinks.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    boab

NOBODY suggest letting them "get away with it".....they can still get life without parole, just not the death penalty

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    So Boab you are up for the execution of kids for making the mall look untidy?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I know most of you think this is a good thing but it not.The real LA gangs see this as a reason for kids to do some of the more dangerous things.Before kids under 18 did not get tried as an adult for anything,so a lot of LA gangs used kids to delver drugs and stuff like that.If you think juveniles are uncapple of committing violent crimes then you're very wrong.
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 03-02-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast