Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BTK 'Person of Interest'

Poster
    I mentioned the BTK case on this board before when a psychic from England and camera crew went to Wichita to get a feel for the case.

The BTK (bind, torture, kill) killer has been connected to 8 murders between 1974 and 1986. He resurfaced in March of 2004 and began communicating with various news agencies and law enforcement agencies.

A website with some history about this killer is at BTK

Here is a link to a news site with some new developments in the case.

I hope they have him.

Update BTK
    Last edited by Everose; 02-27-2005 at 05:01 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    They had expressed some concerns previously whether this latest communicant was bona fide; hope it proves out.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    They have arrested Dennis Rader, former ADT Security Officer in Wichita and charged him with at least 10 counts of murder. Rader, for the last 15 years has been the supervisor in the ordinance compliance department of Park City, Kansas.

Already a book in the making.....waiting on the final chapter. I imagine there will eventually be a movie made.

A lot of people in shock. He had been President of the Congregational Council of his church he attended for the last 20 years.

There was a CD Rom in one of the packages that he has been leaving all over for law enforcement. The computer forensics experts found Rader's name on it.

All hard drives from his office and home have been taken as evidence.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I thought the US had their own mentalists, so I don't understand why they'd import one from England.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    Snny--From everything I read at the time, the English psychic was not requested, or imported by law enforcement on the case. From what I read, I gathered it was actually the English documentary film crew that brought the psychic over here to examine the case for a documentary. I should have been clearer on this.

I have not read anything that leads me to believe the psychic had anything to offer the case that was not already known by the various law enforcement agencies involved.

This case actually started 30 years ago....and was termed a 'cold case file' until March of 2004 when the BTK Killer started correspondence with the police department again. Fortunately the forensic department was very thorough in the murders, maintaining and storing evidence obtained, even though the DNA technology wasn't available back then to analyze the information collected.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Ah, so it was more of a case of the british sending him/her away.

That's pretty clever.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    I have a friend who lives in the Wichita area and sells real estate there. As a woman who job took her into various neighborhoods in the evening, the thought of this killer was ever present.

Odd, the Social Security Department was represented and introduced at the press conference, and thanked for their manpower in tracking this guy.

I am wondering if this played in at the last, after the name was found on the CD.

Not a lot of information is being released, probably more will be when the case is turned over to Nola Foulston, the DA. She did make mention of the good 'Irish Fighter' that will be a part of her team. O'Conner is his name.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Ah, so it was more of a case of the british sending him/her away.

That's pretty clever.
    A psychic should not need to wait for someone to send for them.

It will be a disgrace if they dont have him. 30 odd years, DNA etc.
    Last edited by bigboab; 02-26-2005 at 10:37 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    A psychic should not need to wait for someone to send for them.

It will be a disgrace if they dont have him. 30 odd years, DNA etc.

Good point, BB!

I see now where he was also a boy scout leader. On national news, I am hearing where his 26 year old daughter gave police her DNA samples, possibly after her Dad's arrest.

You just never really know about people, do you?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    ...Already a book in the making.....waiting on the final chapter. I imagine there will eventually be a movie made....
    Well, I hope the movie is not called "BTK." It sounds too much like a burger king menu item.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast