Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Building Guru's Please Read!

Hey all, I want to start my own business and I was wandering where I can find place that can explain every single part and where to get them? I'm pretty sure I can build it but I just need to know what are all the parts.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Right here in this hardware section.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    Hey all, I want to start my own business and I was wandering where I can find place that can explain every single part and where to get them? I'm pretty sure I can build it but I just need to know what are all the parts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm you want to start a PC building business but seem to have no experience with building them bad idea in my opinion. Chances are you'll get stuck somewhere along the line and break something or waste to much time doing 1 computer it wouldn't be profitable. Try upgrading/repairing an old P2 computer before you even consider a business.

Also how legit would the business be? No pirated copies of XP i hope? Will you be getting registered as a proper company? Website? Taking on extra staff? Or is this thing 'just for friends for some extra money' because more than often you end up making hardly any money because its for friends and that your not very skilled.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Yeah..I can build a computer in like 30 mins...but I dont make ne money hardly if its for a friend. If you dont know what to buy to build a computer...dont try to start a business....wow
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Well thats why I want to learn I don;t plan on starting the business in a few days lol I just want to know what parts it takes to make one. I know how to build one for sure. Ive had my dad take apart my computer without me watching and build it back up. I just dont know what parts you need. I know all the impotand stuff like mobo, gfx card, hardrives, cd rom, dvd rom, sound card. But other things I don't know what they are. But I can build it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why dont you ask your dad

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Frankly, if you have to ask, you are definitely not qualifed to go into business.

Besides what's been mentioned above, what about the liability issue? With your lack of skills, how are you going to stand behind your work? You'll go broke with customer returns. Afterall, time is money.

Believe me, I was a service manager for 7 years, it's not as simple as you are making it out to be.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Well can one atleast learn what parts? Im 17 going on 18 and I would like to learn sorry about saying that I am going to start a business as this is for the future. Could someone point me to a place to just know what parts!!! I know how to build a computer and once I know what parts to buy Etc. I am going to build my own computer and maybe sell it on ebay and if all turns well I may build another and make a small profit out of it. That is all I want to do guys. My dad doesn't know anything about computers. I know it takes alot of work etc in it. I have a whole bunch of friends going to help me in this, so it isn't just me by myself.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by imasoldier
    Well can one atleast learn what parts? Im 17 going on 18 and I would like to learn sorry about saying that I am going to start a business as this is for the future. Could someone point me to a place to just know what parts!!! I know how to build a computer and once I know what parts to buy Etc. I am going to build my own computer and maybe sell it on ebay and if all turns well I may build another and make a small profit out of it. That is all I want to do guys. My dad doesn't know anything about computers. I know it takes alot of work etc in it. I have a whole bunch of friends going to help me in this, so it isn't just me by myself.
    What do you want to know? Specifically.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I have never built a computer, but I would think that the first thing to do would be to research, use google, check out reviews, forums etc...like here.

Ask specific questions and build up a file of information. Practice upgrading stuff like Peerzy suggested.

Go on some computer hardware courses, gain qualifications.

No one can tell you what you need specifically, because each component has pros and cons for different functions.

You build a computer for a specific purpose and need to work out the costs. A high spec gaming comp is obviously going to have more expensive components than a basic internet machine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast