Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just found out that I need surgery.

Naked Nudist
    Don't worry too much. It's a simple Op they just make a incision about three inches long right above where ya leg meets ya belly and sew the rip in your muscle wall and sew ya skin back. I had this when I was 16. will be sore for awhile because of where it is. walking pulls on it. two or three weeks after you will be doing near normal. Good Luck man.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    ive never had one so all i can do is laugh at your pain, sorry

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Thanks for the comforting replies you guys... exept you Dave.

@JP Fugley
    Since you asked nicely, I would have given it.
    But I havn't bought one yet, I was planning on buying my iPod sometime this week, but all of this got in the way.

This Hernia is screwing everything up. After the surgery I won't be able to do much for 2-3 weeks.
    - I can't go to school, so my grades will drop.
    - I can't go to work, so my paychecks will stop coming in.
    - Worst of all, I'm in the Work Experience program at school. I'm 5 credits short, and with Work Experience, I get 10 credits for having a job, as long as I work on 3 school days every week, and I have to work at least 20 hours a week.

I can't work 3 school days, I can't work 20 hours, this is going to screw up the Work Experience. And then I'm going to be 5 credits short of graduating again. I also have to attend their meetings every Tue. morning at school, I can't do that either.

As for right now, I'm not sure if I should go to work today. The pain is somewhat gone, but I have to be standing up for 5 hours.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Inguinal hernias often produce a dark bulge on the affected region. So before anyone gives you any sh*t, gather your strengths and go wave it at them.
    that will certainly convince anyone you're not skiving...

Or convince them you're a perv that likes going around exposing his crotch.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    no school or work for 3 weeks, must feel like torture

6. Lounge   -   #26
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    RTJ, I am sure your school will understand, after all its not your fault or anything

7. Lounge   -   #27
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    When my son was born he came out with two hernias, one strangulated which required emergency surgery. The other was not so bad and was operated on a few months later.
    Poor little sod, he had more operations than me in just the first year of his life.

Its a painful recovery because of the internal stiches, but I hope you dont suffer too much.

I'd recommend asking to be sedated, I need to be when undergoing any dental surgery (bad phobia). the sensation it gives you has to be experienced

8. Lounge   -   #28
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    HashLink for file:
    Weird Al Yankovich - Living With A Hernia.mp3
    Size: 2,811,629 bytes

HashLink
    arlnk://F5eflEAb35gLgEOtrd0lJkuNtBbbekZza93ebLXzd6+6IthdNgrz/Uhqmun1N0fsT1H3Na3EBOp6nA5NJHld4xUXcvwv4E3ch9fl+80EYzrmRzks8cW4

Magnet URI
    magnet:?xt=urn:sha1:CQFOPJJPUJONSKJMIRF6SU37CYPXVFPF&dn=Weird Al Yankovich - Living With A Hernia.mp3

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

9. Lounge   -   #29
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    My daughter had a hernia operation when she was 9. She recovered really quickly, although it was only a small one.

I am sure you will be fine really soon RTJ, and your school will almost certainly let you off on the credits thing for a week or two.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Well, did you live?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast