Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too much light !

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze
    Btw another thing I've noticed is that they put plastic cable ties on the telecom post wires these days presumably to stop birds sitting in them but they seem to love it I suppose its like puttting a mirror in a budjies cage
    Those orange rubber things?
    If it's those then I thought they were so that if an electrician accidently slipped he wouldn't get killed by touching the wire.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 03-08-2005 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Rinchwind sucketh teh knobz

3. Lounge   -   #13
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Those orange rubber things?
    Forgive me for highlighting your lack of electrical knowledge, "those orange rubber things" are whats known as a figment of your imagination, which probably stems from u dealing with lawn mowers, the cable ties are black plastic the same as the ones u hold your wheel trims on with, they spread out about 4 foot from the pole and contrary to popular belief you cant get an electric shock from a telegraph pole as they only carry about 2 volts, even if they carried 20,000 volts you would still need an earth meaning you would have to be touching the wire aswell as the ground which would be hard for your average size person, apart from that its amps that kill you not volts an example of this would be that a spark plug in a car carries 28,000 volts but would only give u a mild shock because it has low amps, just thought I would mention that...

Fecking seagulls.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze
    Forgive me for highlighting your lack of electrical knowledge, "those orange rubber things" are whats known as a figment of your imagination, which probably stems from u dealing with lawn mowers, the cable ties are black plastic the same as the ones u hold your wheel trims on with, they spread out about 4 foot from the pole and contrary to popular belief you cant get an electric shock from a telegraph pole as they only carry about 2 volts, even if they carried 20,000 volts you would still need an earth meaning you would have to be touching the wire aswell as the ground which would be hard for your average size person, apart from that its amps that kill you not volts an example of this would be that a spark plug in a car carries 28,000 volts but would only give u a mild shock because it has low amps, just thought I would mention that...

Fecking seagulls.
    your award: most useless info of the day

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiksilver_aus
    And a lot of it wrong.

Just grab a live spark plug wire next chance you get then come back here and tell us about the "mild" shock.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I've had first hand experiance of spark plugs,I was pulling a lead off and it earthed from my forehead to the bonnet, painfull yes life threatening no.
    I'm the prince of trivia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12