Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Are U Still Using Kazaa Or Kazaa Lite?

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggle
    Surely it is only a matter of time before all fake files start to appear on these other platforms.
    Well, no, not really...

Other platforms have superior file-hashing than kazaa, and will create the hash using the whole file, not just the first 300kb (or whatever), so it's not as easy to create fake sources on other networks, as it is on Kazaa.

2. File Sharing   -   #112
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    true true

3. File Sharing   -   #113
    People still use Kazaa? omg... people, Get shareaza ffs! I would have thought that everyone at least moved onto ed2k... damn this is shocking.

4. File Sharing   -   #114
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    No! all my downloads were always currupt!
    I only go Emule or Bitorrent. Emule is the best right now...you find anything, plus the speeds are much better with KAD now of days. I got 20-50kb/s average.

5. File Sharing   -   #115
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    im not using any type of kazaa anymore, im happy with Ares and eXeem, what more could a young lad hope for

6. File Sharing   -   #116
    eXeem is also virus/fake infested, similarly to the FastTrack network, I'd suggest just using private bittorrent sites and using a normal torrent client. I highly recommend switching to a Gnutella2 client, it's the fastest network of it's sort around. It's main client is of course Shareaza, which can connect to Gnutella2 (G2), Gnutella, ed2k and protocols like BitTorrent, HTTP and FTP.

although ed2k is the most popular network right now, the network is poorly constructed. The speeds may be pretty good but that's onyl if you get a slot, and getting a slot of pretty damn hard... wait a week and maybe you'll get one
    G2 on the other hand is quite new, probably the newest network around. It's queues are much smaller and it's a way better network than ed2k, not to mention Kazaa...
    Last edited by Xilon; 09-27-2005 at 03:37 AM.

7. File Sharing   -   #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggle
    Surely it is only a matter of time before all fake files start to appear on these other platforms.
    Well, no, not really...

Other platforms have superior file-hashing than kazaa, and will create the hash using the whole file, not just the first 300kb (or whatever), so it's not as easy to create fake sources on other networks, as it is on Kazaa.

Kazaa - never

8. File Sharing   -   #118
    Guinness Addict
    I was using Kazaa resurection for a bit but dumped it when the RIAA started issuing lawsuits against users, I get everything off Torrent sites now.

9. File Sharing   -   #119
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Hell No. I moved on a long time ago.

10. File Sharing   -   #120
    i was using it too....but not anymore....
    Last edited by georgia_v; 10-05-2005 at 10:59 AM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast