Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: activating XP

this copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log on..do you want to activate windows now?

i pressed NO...but it doesnt take me to the desktop, it brings me back to the log in screen.

what do i do? not trying to do illegal stuff here...i know i have to activate it sooner or later

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AzNsMaRtGuY333
    not trying to do illegal stuff here
    So you have a legal copy? Then whats the problem just activate it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    what i meant by that is for you guys not to close this thread...
    i just want to know why after i press NO it doesnt go to the desktop

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Your joking right ?

Quote:

this copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log on..do you want to activate windows now?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    because the whole point of activation is taht you cant use windows unless you prove it's legit.

If it is actually i copied/downloaded version then you should have, and still should, download the corporate version.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    hm...i've read from tutorials that you can acess the the desktop without activation but you only have 15 days to activate before it stops functioning

corporate version?
    Last edited by AzNsMaRtGuY333; 03-12-2005 at 01:56 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    hm...i've read from tutorials that you can acess the the desktop without activation but you only have 15 days to activate before it stops functioning

corporate version?
    the corporate version is what system admins use in large businesses. Since they need to isntall it on possibly hundreds of computers it would take too long to activate them all so they buy corporate versions.
    The corporate version is the exact same as regular XP Pro except that the activation isn't in it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    o wow thats good to know...would this thread be shut down if we start talking about where to download it?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    the corporate version is what system admins use in large businesses. Since they need to isntall it on possibly hundreds of computers it would take too long to activate them all so they buy corporate versions.
    The corporate version is the exact same as regular XP Pro except that the activation isn't in it.
    In a nutshell, what he's saying is that there is no activation in the corporate version.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    o wow thats good to know...would this thread be shut down if we start talking about where to download it?
    Get it using bittorrent.
    No actual links are allowed but i could PM you one if you can't find it (i'm sure every single torrent site will have an xp torrent).
    Last edited by tesco; 03-12-2005 at 02:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast