Thread: Dead Hard Drive!!! :-(

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hi,

Today when i tried to start my PC, it won't start. I can see Winxp loading screen and after that computer reboots and it works fine till winxp loading screen and then reboot again...

Is this happing because the hard drive is dead or something? Is there a way i can recover files from it? Those files are really imp....

Please advice!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    If the harddrive was dead it wouldnt work at all. Try to put the drive as a slave on another computer and access the files.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx
    If the harddrive was dead it wouldnt work at all. Try to put the drive as a slave on another computer and access the files.
    Not sure what you mean by slave...but i did take out the harddrive and put it on different computer....and the same prb.

PS: By slave you mean 2 harddrive for a computer? If yes, then i didn't do it by slave method...I changed the harddrive with different computer and it was same prb.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Try to boot up in safe mode by pressing f8 before the window loading screen. If it works then its probably a corrupted driver thats causeing your system to reboot.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You can set the drive as a slave via the jumpers on the back where the cables connect. Boot up using a working harddrive and copy the "important" files so you won't lose them if you have to format.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It won't boot in safe mode either.....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    when in doubt FORMAT C: