Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a portal on the main page?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Ive attached a screen shot of what I think would be a nice compromise and would at least give a little more feel to the site with the possibility of adding back the Downloads section also...
    you could probably just cut and paste that part from the bottom of the forum files and just use that.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Thats how I took the screenshot once pasting it into DW although it isnt dynamic although maybe if I take an actual file from the vb folder itself it may work. Ill have to give it try as soon as I get a chance then...

EDIT: Seems to be some type of script or something as I have no clue how.
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-15-2005 at 09:03 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Thats how I took the screenshot once pasting it into DW although it isnt dynamic although maybe if I take an actual file from the vb folder itself it may work. Ill have to give it try as soon as I get a chance then...

EDIT: Seems to be some type of script or something as I have no clue how.
    that's what i meant was to take the script from the original vb files and just copy/paste the part u need into your home page.

ill look and see if i can find where that code is.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    whatever happened to 7thE anyways? wow...

i agree that this site needs a good portal though

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    that's what i meant was to take the script from the original vb files and just copy/paste the part u need into your home page.

ill look and see if i can find where that code is.
    Well I took a look at the root vb folder and theres no html files that I can see so thats where I got lost. Saving a page off the site is what I had done originally but the code is lost just leaving a static page. If someone can tell me what to look for in the vb folder I may have a clue. I have attached the files I used for the screenshot so if someone wants to edit them with the right script since it was made with a a copy and paste from a simple save of the site which as youll see is why they are static and dont work...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-16-2005 at 05:42 AM.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    If the front page isn't needed then the alternate option is to simply remove it and redirect anyone hitting the base domain to the forum.

As for adding in code to the main page. It's generally possible to add content from forums to other pages (such as login boxes), often made easier by using pre coded mods.

I would doubt it would be possible to simply lift the code out from vBulletin pages and add them to others though, the code would need editing.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Retired
    Well I took a look at the root vb folder and theres no html files that I can see so thats where I got lost. Saving a page off the site is what I had done originally but the code is lost just leaving a static page. If someone can tell me what to look for in the vb folder I may have a clue. I have attached the files I used for the screenshot so if someone wants to edit them with the right script since it was made with a a copy and paste from a simple save of the site which as youll see is why they are static and dont work...
    your test.htm doesnt look nice imo. or we add a code so its updated realtime or we dont add it @ all
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 03-16-2005 at 12:17 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    it's in the index.php file.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    we add a code so its updated realtime or we dont add it @ all
    Thats exactly what were trying to figure out as to how to get it to update in real time as I mentioned above already...
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-16-2005 at 07:56 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    it's in the index.php file.
    Ive taken a look at the index.php file and it has the code that looks like whats needed. So if you had the index.php from the vb folder and the current main page index.html which is in another folder alltogether are you saying you could insert the code from the php file into the html file and make it into one html file that would update in real time then. If so I think that would be exactly the idea of it...
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-16-2005 at 08:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast