Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The X Files Mythology: Abduction

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    X-Files, The - Conspiracy Contents Revealed
    Posted by Gord Lacey
    3/10/2005

For nine seasons, fans of "The X Files" watched and waited for an ultimate explanation of the complex web of alien conspiracy theories, government cover-ups and shadow organizations woven by series creator Chris Carter. Now, for the first time, viewers can follow every twist and turn of the complete mythology story arc beginning with THE X FILES MYTHOLOGY: ABDUCTION. ABDUCTION consists of 16 episodes from seasons 1-3, and presents the government conspiracy episodes in order, beginning with the series pilot. The set also features commentary on selected episodes and part one of Chris Carter's all-new documentary "Threads Of Mythology," which explains the meaning of "The X Files" and how all lies lead to the truth.

Fox has announced the contents of the X-Files Conspiracy set they previously announced for May 17. This 3 disc set will contain 16 episodes from the first three seasons which involve the aliens, and the government conspiracy.

Disc 1: Pilot / Deep Throat / Fallen Angel / EBE.

Disc 2: The Erlenmeyer Flask / Little Green Men / Duane Barry / Ascension.

Disc 3: One Breath / Red Museum / Colony / End Game

Disc 4: Anasazi / The Blessing Way / Paper Clip

Extras Include:

* Deep Throat commentary with Chris Carter
    * Little Green Men commentary with David Nutter
    * Duane Barry commentary with Chris Carter
    * End Game commentary with Frank Spotnitz
    * The Blessing Way commentary with Bob Goodwin
    * Thread of Mythology Part 1

The set will contain English, French and Spanish Dolby Surround tracks (with matching subtitles, and an Anamophic Widescreen (1.78:1) transfer. We expect this is an error in the listing on the Fox website, since these episodes were released in full frame (1.33:1) previously. The set will retail for $39.98 US, and $54.98 CAN. It appears Fox has plans to release at least one more "Conspiracy" set, since these episodes come from the first 3 seasons, and this set contains part 1 of a documentary.

fecking great news!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    personally what i'm excited about is the fact that frank spotnitz (x-files producer) is developing a new KOLCHAK THE NIGHT STALKER series to air this fall. it's based on a 1970s tv series that starred darren mcgavin (a christmas story, recurring guest star on x-files). night stalker was about a newspaper reporter who investigated monsters, aliens, and other paranormal stuff. the x-files creators have often cited it as a major influence on x-files.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/593/593731p1.html

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    X-Files boiled down to 2 things...

The individual adventures

The wraparound story

This new compilation is just the wraparound story which was far less interesting and contrived.

Besides that, I have all the damn discs already. Am I supposed to re-buy this one 'cause they decided to put in order?

Sounds like bullshit marketing and a waste.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I have them all on video, so owning the mythology eps on DVD would be nice, and if they were ever to bring out the same sort of deal for standalone eps, I'd probably do the same. This deal seems worth it for the documentary alone

Kolchak looks very promising, obviously that’s mainly what influenced the X Files, and with spotnitz working on it, it should be top notch.

Not too sure about Stuart Townsend as the leading role though

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    I have them all on video, so owning the mythology eps on DVD would be nice, and if they were ever to bring out the same sort of deal for standalone eps, I'd probably do the same. This deal seems worth it for the documentary alone

Kolchak looks very promising, obviously that’s mainly what influenced the X Files, and with spotnitz working on it, it should be top notch.

Not too sure about Stuart Townsend as the leading role though
    Buy the seasons and you'll have these episodes and the more interesting individual spooky stories as well. I'll admit that some episodes about the black oil were quite freaky (especially the one's with Cricheck(sp?)) but this reminds me Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition then.........Teeeerminator 2 Eeexxtremmme Edition.

The problem is this "selling point" is a big ass overlap.
    If I were to buy this then I'd be the dumbest person in the world.

One of boys would say, "Well er..don't you already have all these episodes on disc?"

And I would say, "But, but, but, I paid $40 for the documentary and this cewol new box art."

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Buy the seasons and you'll have these episodes and the more interesting individual spooky stories as well. I'll admit that some episodes about the black oil were quite freaky (especially the one's with Cricheck(sp?)) but this reminds me Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition then.........Teeeerminator 2 Eeexxtremmme Edition.

The problem is this "selling point" is a big ass overlap.
    If I were to buy this then I'd be the dumbest person in the world.

One of boys would say, "Well er..don't you already have all these episodes on disc?"

And I would say, "But, but, but, I paid $40 for the documentary and this cewol new box art."

But.....it's new, and shiny! and X File related, surely that would be enough?

The black oil was always a great back-story, especially with the huge turn it took in season 7, and all the stuff that lead up to that in the first few seasons

(Krycek )
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 03-18-2005 at 01:16 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    But.....it's new, and shiny! and X File related, surely that would be enough?
    Not if I already have it, Mulder...not if I already have it.

I like stuff but am not a fanboy of anything really.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-18-2005 at 01:55 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    It’s for those reasons that it probably won’t do so well, either people will already have them all, or they’d want the full lot rather than getting what seems like only half the story (even if it’s in it’s entirety).

There should be enough online sales to knockout a second one, and possibly a third which presumably is where they’re going with three seasons worth a piece

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    It’s for those reasons that it probably won’t do so well, either people will already have them all, or they’d want the full lot rather than getting what seems like only half the story (even if it’s in it’s entirety).

There should be enough online sales to knockout a second one, and possibly a third which presumably is where they’re going with three seasons worth a piece
    I'll leave it for the sheep to buy. Some people will pay for anything these days.

That reminds me... I can do the same shit if rip the right episodes from my season collections. Then I can have one coherent story and save my $40.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    this reminds me Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition then.........Teeeerminator 2 Eeexxtremmme Edition.
    yeah a lot of dvd review sites call this practice "double dipping." when companies re-issue stuff with slight upgrades that should've been included the first time around. i guess a dvd is exempt from this description when it's, like, a classic movie getting a sorely needed cleanup/restoration... but when it's just a simple matter of greed, it's a double dip.

another example: that kate beckinsale vampire flick "underworld" was issued in three distinct dvd versions in the u.s., in only two years??? if ever there was a completely uncalled-for instance of triple dipping...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast