Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Bittorrent Post

Benno's Avatar Poster
    I have downloaded Bittorent and it seems that I got it to work.
    My question is what do people upload from me?
    I havent speciefied a upload folder anywhere??

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    People only upload the file that you are downloading. Once the download has finished and you close the window, any uploading stops.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Ok thanks.
    I was wondering because uploads already started about 2 minutes after i started my first download.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    i also wondered that thanks now i know i thought they were gettin anything they wanted off my comp phew

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    all i can say in response to this, is once the download has finished try to keep it open for as long as you possibly can, and that means reseeding by just downloading the file again but point it to the same folder and it will check the existing file, say its completed and then you can share it still.

this is important when getting large files, as i know a couple of sites that will ban you from downloading if you stop the download to quick, i usually try to keep a file that is 600meg+ open for at least 12-24 hours and bigger files for as much as 1 week just to help it get around a lot faster.

stoi

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Good point, me too for that one.

Remember there are no stored files on with Bit Torrent. So it's only the active uploads / downloads which are being shared.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    i had that and i hate it when you are downloading something form that and the upload speed is faster and you arnt getting anything.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    must admit ive had that a few times, but if you know where to look some places have a tracker, which will tell you exactly how many ppl are seeding (completed the file and are letting it upload off them) and how many are just downloading, obviously if no one is seeding it then that means you might get to 99% and the bloody thing will stop, but if ppl followed the simple etiquette of the program and left the window open even though thier download finished then ppl will be getting the whole file all the time.

your problem isnt with the program its with all the leechers that use it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    stoi Posted on 18 April 2003 - 20:26
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    must admit ive had that a few times, but if you know where to look some places have a tracker, which will tell you exactly how many ppl are seeding (completed the file and are letting it upload off them) and how many are just downloading, obviously if no one is seeding it then that means you might get to 99% and the bloody thing will stop, but if ppl followed the simple etiquette of the program and left the window open even though thier download finished then ppl will be getting the whole file all the time.

your problem isnt with the program its with all the leechers that use it. 
    Last edited by accat13; 03-11-2007 at 09:01 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast