Thread: Choppy Graphics :(

TRshady
    You may remember me moaning how my riva TNT2 couldn't play GTA3, so I got a geforce 4 mx420 (off my uncle ) and as thought gta3 works fine .
    A lot of other games work better to (such as virtua tennis and hitman 2) but the fifa games I used to love all dont work no more, when a match starts the graphics are really choppy, with parts missing and wierd lines. I have 256ddr and 1.5ghz processor so specs are fine and also have 22gb free so virtual memory isn't to blame. As said, most games work (even the demamding gta) so what can the problem be?

P.S: the games are fifa 2001, 2002 and 2002 world cup.
    I have updated drivers and installed direct x latest but still don't work.

2. Games   -   #2
    JMR's Avatar Member
    THERES NO BIG LOSS IN NOT BEEN ABLE TO PLAY FOOTBALL GAMES
    PLAY A RPG OR A RTS FAR MORE SATISFYING

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    I think those games just have an issue with that video card

4. Games   -   #4
    u should atleast get a full dx8.x card to play some good games.gf4mx are all sh*t

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    gf4mx series support dx8.1
    at least the mx440 does. it's an alright gfx card
    fifa, i didn't even get it ork properly on my radeon 9700 pro, not a big loss though.

6. Games   -   #6
    imported_The__One
    Well, the MX series of the GeForce 4 line is the worst....it's mutch better to get a Geforce 3 Ti500, rathen then an Geforce4 MX...however I don't know exactly why that happens to the FIFA games (wich are pretty cool, contrary to the general opinion here )..I suggest U write to EA (Electronic Arts)....An' they don't ask for a valid serial or anything, so it's ok to ask them even if U got it off kazaa

7. Games   -   #7
    TRshady
    Originally posted by The__One@6 April 2003 - 02:32
    Well, the MX series of the GeForce 4 line is the worst....it's mutch better to get a Geforce 3 Ti500, rathen then an Geforce4 MX...however I don't know exactly why that happens to the FIFA games (wich are pretty cool, contrary to the general opinion here )..I suggest U write to EA (Electronic Arts)....An' they don't ask for a valid serial or anything, so it's ok to ask them even if U got it off kazaa
    ok, I'll do that. Thanks for all your replies and I know that the mx420 is the worst in the set but it's better then a Riva TNT2 so I'm happy. (I'm still at school so can't just be advised on a better card, unless it's available of kazaa ).

8. Games   -   #8
    Hey I run a MX420 an Fifa 2003 works mighty fine for me, a good value Gainward for £48, I'd recommend to anyone on a limited budget. Anyhow you should be playin CM4, who needs that EA eye candy! lol
    (Oh, I see, you got the latest DX, not 9.0 by any chance?)
    btw, only game it gave me problems with, was BF1942, so no great loss there

9. Games   -   #9
    hey peep,s ive got a gf4 mx420...and its playing me up,,i installed it by disabling the old one and putting the new one in but it still doesent boot up the monitor.it boots throgh the fx card about 2 times out of 10 ..the other times it just boots up the old onboard one....i take it that ive missed sumthing when i installed it.

10. Games   -   #10
    If you have installed yur G4 drivers, then why not uninstall the old onboard ones?