Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my router keeps on disconnecting from the internet.

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I have a linksys wireless b router, and the problem is that, that after being connected to the internet for a certain while , it will automatically disconnect.. In order for it to be able to connect back to the internet i have to keep disconnecting the power plug from it and plug it back in.... This seems to be happenning frequently at random times. I have the firmware up to the latest version, i also have it portforwarding two programs. Im wondering knows a solution to fix this problem, please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    my router does this if i dont have "Enable Renew IP Forever" enabled in my router's config.
    You might want to try lookign for something similar.

but anyway has this always happened or just start?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    sounds like your router is crashing if it needs a restart. happened to my old one everytime i used a few p2p apps it would buckle under the number of connections and crash. i was less then happy with my fisher price my first router so i took it back.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Yeah , i just started using Azuerus, and it seems that it could be the problem, is there any certain way i should limit connections with Azuerus ? Rossco, ill try what you said. I think the problem is most likely Azuerus

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    By the way all , while i was using azuerus, i was uploading there different files connected to twenty users, which made a possibble total of 60 users connected to. Im wondering if this might have been the possibble cause in why connection kept on dropping ? because i was connected to too many users while uploading to each and every one of them ?? My total upload speed in azuerus was 35kb/s...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    mines is doing the same when i run emule on 2 computers at the same time, my id first goes down to a low one, then seems to buckle a little later and stop all connections in and out.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, lets face it, linksys sucks.

edit : saw this off google.com
    http://myitforum.techtarget.com/blog...1/21/2374.aspx
    Last edited by Formula1; 03-18-2005 at 08:49 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    It seems that this whole router program ,could be because of Azurus itself, i have it portforwarded , and my internet will disconnect every 5-10 minutes i use it. I'm using bittornado right now , and this problem doesnt seem to occur. Can someone else please verify...?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    mines is a netgear. seems only when i download lots of stuff both computers.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Hey guys i noticed that one of the pins inside my cable modem (its there the ethernet cords hooks up with the modem) was missing. Im wondering if this is the main cause in why my computer was disconnecting, rather than my linksys router ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast