Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rar. Files

How do i burn a rar. file on nero
    -TiMz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Originally posted by Timz@5 April 2003 - 19:52
    How do i burn a rar. file on nero
    ??? do you want to open the rar file or just burn it as it is ?
    you need winrar to open it.
    if you want to burn it just drag and drop it.Or open file.
    Hope that helps.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    if you wnat to burn the contence of the .rar file then use winrar

extract it to a folder then burn it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    What Wizzanbe said. Usually rar files will extract what would normally be on the cd, like all the setup files and cabs or whatever is on there. There's nothing special to burning it ebcause it's just normal data.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Just set to burn a data file.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    hmm, nvm i asked the wrong ques, how do i extract a rar. file to where it needs to be by using winRAR?
    -TiMz

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if you've installed winrar the just open the rar file and there should be an extract button somewhere, then tell it where you want it to extract to, and if its an iso. open nero then file burn image, and go to the folder where you extracted it, and there you go.
    not to sure bout winrar, i got winace.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I have already installed the game, do i have to burn the game again and extract the rar. file to the burn selection before i burn? What im asking is what i have to extract the file to, do i just send it to the general game folder that i already have(assuming it will override the proper files, or burn a complete new cd?
    -TiMz

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I'm still not sure what you mean Timz. If you have lets say, a no-cd crack in a rar file you can do two things with it. Extract it to some arbitrary folder you created, and copy and paste the necessary files into the folder of your game. I'm thinking you have some file similar to this.

What i say is, extract to some folder, then paste all the files you need into the directory. If this isn't what your asking try to rephrase it again.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hmm, yeah, thats what im saying , but how would i know which files belong in which folder after i extract to an arbitrary folder.

"Installation Information :
    ==========================

Just extract the archives and burn the .cue file with your favorite CD-Recording
    software. Then copy the crack from CD to installation directory and enjoy !"

This is what the instructions for the game says in teh Nfo. file, i dont understand what it is talking about. The instructions makes it seem like i have to have the crack burned onto a cd, that was where my earlier confusion came from. Also, it says to copy the crack to the installation directory, but where is that exactly?

Is there information in the Nfo. file that came with the game that i overlooked?
    -TiMz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast