Thread: Help please!! utility to recover files on hard disk

leonidas's Avatar Poster

Unsure

I've got very important files on an hard disk,which is on a computer which doesn't wanna boot (the computer doesn't even make the sound "Beep when starting)

When I plug this hard disk on another computer, In XP, the hard disk is present in the "my computer" folder, but if I want to acces the files , then xp tels me that that the drive isn't formated??§!, so I assume it doesn't find the partition or something

So here's my question: is there an utility, a software, which can go into this f*..k..g harddisk &rescue the files I need.
    Last edited by leonidas; 03-20-2005 at 08:04 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Unless something drastic has happened to the drive, it obviously IS formatted, so something else must have changed between machines. The most likely thing is the drive characteristics set by the bios. Have a look in the bios and try a few alternatives, the most likely thing is whether it uses LBA (Logical Block Addressing) or not.
    Last edited by lynx; 03-20-2005 at 10:40 AM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    if you moved the drive to another pc, make sure the jumper on the drive is set to slave, not slave with master present or any other crap like that, just slave.(assuming its the slave)
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 03-21-2005 at 09:36 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    the problem was that the hdd is a 160, so it wasn't recognized by my old computer duron 1g, I had to repair xp on the other computer, but I could finally recover my files, with the aid of another computer

160 g hdd are dangerous!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    collar
    Greetings,

I recommend you using Active@ Undelete data recovery tool to bring info back. That really helped me before and never failed. It's algorithm is powerful enought to restore literally all of mine lost data, even those I considered long unavailable.

http://www.active-undelete.com/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hi collar, welcome to the forum great program from Active by the way . Winternals FileRestore is another but this thread is a little old ?