Thread: firefox problem

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Everything on firefox has been erased, my bookmarks, plugins, skins, seach engine, everything. I didn't do anything, i went to sleep, woke up and it was gone. IS there something that i did, or how can i recover it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Sounds to me like someone moved/deleted your Firefox default profile directory, or it's corrupted.

Check in C:\Documents and Settings\XPusername\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\

You should see a profiles.ini, pluginreg.dat and a Profiles folder; in that folder should be another folder (who's title ends with .default), where you'll find all your settings and stuff - if they're still there.

If the default profile is still intact, you can use the Firefox Profile Manager to re-acquaint Firefox with your settings and hopefully restore everything.
    If your profile is missing or broken, you'll have to create a new one, also using the Manager.

Close Firefox, then
    Start->Run->type in firefox /p

Search the MozillaZine Firefox support forum if that lot didn't help.
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 03-23-2005 at 03:53 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    And to prevent that from happening again, you could save your profile/extensions/cookies and stuff using this little app clocker posted the other day.