Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review for this Rosewill powersupply

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Nope, just want something decent , like a toyota camry compared to a bmw . Well i was just simply asking if someone knew a review to the rosewill psu, thats all
    Last edited by Formula1; 03-24-2005 at 11:20 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Well i was just simply asking if someone knew a review to the rosewill psu, thats all
    The fact that no one can find a review of that PSU is telling, don't you think?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    The fact that no one can find a review of that PSU is telling, don't you think?
    well , and theres no need for you to question me about not buying a certain psu? If you dont know the answer, then you don't have to reply?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    well , and theres no need for you to question me about not buying a certain psu? If you dont know the answer, then you don't have to reply?
    Equally, if you didn't want a response you didn't need to ask the question, you could have simply searched for a review yourself.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Nope, just want something decent , like a toyota camry compared to a bmw . Well i was just simply asking if someone knew a review to the rosewill psu, thats all
    I'm pretty sure that camry won't torch the garage or something if it has an engine failure, but if cheapo psus breaks down it might fry your mobo.

It's not just about wattage, it's also about how safe they are.

You want something with at least some form of tested power correction factor, and decent cooling, not some noname fan that stops working when you least expect it.

Me, I'd buy a fortron, or sparklepower or something I know has passed lots of tests with good results.

Having said that, I think Jeantech might offer some decent performance at a low price, if you can live with a bit of flux.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-24-2005 at 09:40 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I think i'll give the powmax a try lol, just ordered it now. If it doesnt meet my overclocking abilities, then i'll do my best to return it. And from there i'll hopefully save up enough money to get a ultra x psu. Which a friend of mine has, and was able to oc a cpu greatly with it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You missed the point.
    Generally speaking, only quality components rate a review from enthusiast sites.
    No one is going to waste time evaluating the myriad no-name, low quality power supplies commonly found in cheap cases and budget sites.

You have consistently said that OCing your machine is the goal, yet you reject the advice that a quality PSU is necessary to do so. No one here works for Antec, PCP&C or Fortron so there is no agenda in play, we simply tend to recommend those products which, in our experience, work well.

Given the cost of PC components, I would not risk using a cheap PSU- especially if stressing the system (and make no mistake, OCing IS stressful) was part of the plan.

But that's just me.

You may find blue screens entertaining.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    @Formula:

I've been using a (Shuttle) Silent X for quite some time now, and I just put a Fortron in my brother's computer when the fan in his old PSU gave up, causing the PSU to burn, and since it was a noname POS, to send random spikes through his hardware.

He lost his floppy (no biggie) and one of his hard-drives (worse).

What this has taught me, re: the silent X, is that a quality PSU with a relatively low wattage can handle a lot. It's rated way below the requirements for the 6800s, yet people can run those cards with the PSU (and an sff mobo) without a hitch. And it sure takes everything I can think of throwing at it.

When a gfx manufacturer puts down wattage requirements they do so with quality PSUs in mind, there's no point whatsoever buying a PSU based on wattage rating alone, I'd have gone with a better quality PSU rated lower and would probably still have gotten a better deal than that unknown PSU you posted at the same price.

And re: the Fortron the same is equally true: that baby is stable as anything in my experience, and the finish of the thing is very nice, and this was still a cheaper model.

And this has also taught me that the next time a PSU burns I want something with a better safeguard, 'cos the next time it might be my mobo that's in peril.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-25-2005 at 03:15 PM. Reason: grammar

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    You missed the point.
    Generally speaking, only quality components rate a review from enthusiast sites.
    No one is going to waste time evaluating the myriad no-name, low quality power supplies commonly found in cheap cases and budget sites.

You have consistently said that OCing your machine is the goal, yet you reject the advice that a quality PSU is necessary to do so. No one here works for Antec, PCP&C or Fortron so there is no agenda in play, we simply tend to recommend those products which, in our experience, work well.

Given the cost of PC components, I would not risk using a cheap PSU- especially if stressing the system (and make no mistake, OCing IS stressful) was part of the plan.

But that's just me.

You may find blue screens entertaining.

Dont you know i need a high 12V ampage , to overclock my cpu ? Voltage is a major concern when ocing other than temperature. The one VB recommend is 12V@16A which i really dont want bother with, honestly. Even though i posted high wattage psu, what im really worrying about is is 12V amp.
    These are the specs of my current psu that came with my case, http://images10.newegg.com/productim...144-025-04.JPG . Surprisingly it hasnt chipped/fried any component on my pc :X

BTW can someone please tell me what voltage the cpu runs on ? I thought its the 12V amp ?
    Last edited by Formula1; 03-25-2005 at 03:25 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    How about you list all the items you want to run on the power supply.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast