Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Soldiers Protect Civilians. Cowards Hide

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@4 May 2003 - 19:22
    They certainly were, to the Americans. Funny thing with war is that the world reverts into black and white. There is no room for gray, because if there are varying shades, popular support takes a nosedive.

Correctomundo!....

Which explains why Bush is so fond of referring to 9/11 and the war in Iraq in the same sentence.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by LedZipline@4 May 2003 - 19:33
    Im not saying that our soldiers are unimportant, or disregarding the pain felt by thier families, but the amount of people we have lost is nothing to the amount of people that we kill, or are killed by others. We made such a big deal over those POWs that got back to the USA. It was like six freakin guys, and they wernt even hurt!!! They were on the news for over a week.
    I think alot of this had to do with the live coverage that we watched 24/7 from Iraq. The word 'videophone' became a part of mainstream culture faster than 'TIVO' did. The coverage on television was truly live from the battlefield, so they had little time to edit and spin things as they would have in years past. A story like of that caliber is a blessing in disguise for them. CNN has to sell advertising space too.
    Proud member of MDS

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Bushes war is pure terrorism
    he and his clan are gangster thugs [not the hip (hop) kind]
    the target is the provocation of fear in the rest of the world

from what i could gather in the first week around 600-700 tomahawks were used the normal armory quantaty for the USA is approx 2000
    this against a nation which has been under constant aerial incusions by USA UK since '91, [as we know USA has an allergy to body bags coming back so there has been no real aerial defence left]
    the land of the free and the home of the brave likes to shoot fish in barrels [i mean civilians in automobiles]
    i mean N Korea say they have atomic bombs and they they have ICBMs why is Bush not valiantly disarming them?
    because they might be able to match the USA threat with their own terrible threat, put up a credible fight. That would be too difficult for bush to handle.
    USA has 13 and 15 year old kids held prisoner by marines without charge or representation in Cuba for over 18 months now

Free? Brave?
    - jesus i hope USA never liberates me it seems to hurt lots of people you know - [notice how we usually are only told death figures, military weapons and training aren't designed to kill people outright rather to inflict debilitating injury is the aim of military weapon use, as it consumes more of the adversaries resources ie. stretcher bearers, medics, ambulance drivers, medical logistics etc. - so it is likely thet the number of injured is five to ten times higher than death toll]

i heard 'journalists' 'embedded' speaking of "American and Coalition Forces" 'engaging "The Enemy"
    They are called Iraqis [note it's pronounced Irark & Irarky not Irack & iracky] the enemy is what the USA teaches it's [child? alot of military high schools] soldiers to depersonalise the people thay are ordered to hurt and kill [i mean target and neutralise]
    These 'jounalists' wondered "when the impression the the Coalition Forces were liberators would take hold' asking people obviously in turmoil is they thought that the Cats dropping bombs on their street were the 'good guys'

Why can't the USA realise that killing and maiming peoples friends and family is not a good way to make them like you
    Is Homer S really the archetype?
    And i highly recomed looking at indymedia.org in regard to the USA targeting of non embedded jounalists repeatedly

too much truth is real bad for a war
    for instance i don't beleive bush would ever have gone to war if they actually thought that there was likelihood of chem or bio munitions coming into play, it's all an excuse for a pathetic costly macho stunt
    international bully smashes the loud mouthed uppity kids glasses and teeth again

Most USA citizens i've met have little idea of the world out side of their expectations, if this is how the only rogue state is going to run it's foreign policy USA should expect a lot more insecurity, its not alqida or saddam it is the administration and the big money in security and weapons which will get USA attacked again and again and again

btw i wonder how much bush I & II cheney rummy rice are personally making from this bush II has direct firearm investments i'm sure that rice still gets a nice little oil stipend for her influence upon its price fluctuation

unless you stand to inherit alot of this fortune i'd get out of USA apart from making more enemies than any other nation state in the twentieth century, like 3 guns per person [not including military firearms] and 2%+ of the population in prison [mostly for smoking or selling a hit - maybe for using P2P] makes me think civil war followed by southern invasion is very likely
    alot of people will die and North America will mostly speak spanish

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by echidna@6 May 2003 - 10:07
    i heard 'journalists' 'embedded' speaking of "American and Coalition Forces" 'engaging "The Enemy"
    They are called Iraqis
    Well, without enemies, we'd all be the good guys. BTW, the Iraqis weren't the enemy, Saddam Housain and his army were the "enemies". One could also say that those who harbor terrorists are our enemies. Syria anyone? Lets not discredit what they do because they had to dodge bullets from the 'enemy' while giving their news brief.
    Proud member of MDS

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    They are supposed to be 'journalists' and retain at least a semblance of objectivity
    BTW Iraqis aren't my enemies neither are Syrians
    so if their your enemies that's fine, you know that just as i know that they aren't my enemies
    that's also why the jounalists should use the 'names' of the combatants rather than emotive depersonalising euphamisms - so that we can know what they reporting

They were dodging US munitions too, see. www.fair.org/press-releases/iraq-journalists.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123