Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AOLDialer.exe

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Made me think about Ariel_001 's post . I can't find the program you mentioned . He ? she probably hit the nail on the head.

Mabye something here ?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&cl...Dialer&spell=1
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-25-2005 at 06:06 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Hey thanks Peat Moss. I've googled AOL Dialer billions of time, & I found on a forum some guy had similar problems, not quite the same, but similar. Anyways he disabled XP Firewall & it worked for him.

So I've disabled XP-sp2 Firewall, restarted logged on AOLDialer, & so far my online time is 32 mintues.

I wish I didn't have to disable it, but the dialer is on the exceptions list along with other AOL programs...So I dunno...it works, SO FAR.

Moment of Triumpth {SO FAR} - I'm gonna search for programs that should be made as exceptions for thw Windows Firewall, I kinda wanna get that back up, but meh...I'll say screw it if I can't find anything.

Thanks for posts!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @Hairbautt, while this forum is great, I still find googling the forums for a specific problem is for the best. You find people with the exact problem or close enought to steer you in the right direction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12