Thread: My Pictures!

Poster

Unsure

today i was trying to look at my pictures on my computer (which were from my digi camera) and it said no preview avalable! ALL of my jpeg pics say no preview available and whatever app i try to open them with say that it cant open the pics. the names and file sizes are still there but it just wont show the pics. does anyone know how to fix this? those were years and years of pictures! thanks alot
    Last edited by 3223; 03-24-2005 at 04:02 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Is the picture really on your computer? Not on flash disk or some other medium?

1. Try running chkdsk
    2. Check if you lost permission on those files
    3. Copy pictures to another folder on yoour comp

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Try burning them to a CD and see if you can view them on another PC.

Another fine example of why backups are important.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    @ ariel

1. i tried runing chkdsk and it said i had to reboot b4 it will run. i rebooted and it said i have 250000 seconds to press a key to quit befofre it starts. i cant wait 4200 hours for checkdisk to start! how do i make the # of seconds less?

2. how do i check if I lost permission on the files?

3. i copied pics to another folder and it still didnt work.

@ virtual i copied some pics to a floppy and i still couldnt view them on another pc.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Whoa, 250000 seconds! Okay there is defiantly something wrong here. What about other files on your computer? Are they okay?

I think you need to give more us more info here. Are these pictures located in some other partition?

To check/get permission of a file chech this guide:
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...ic=272843&st=0

You should also give yourself full control if it does not already set it for you.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel_001
    Whoa, 250000 seconds! Okay there is defiantly something wrong here. What about other files on your computer? Are they okay?

I think you need to give more us more info here. Are these pictures located in some other partition?

To check/get permission of a file chech this guide:
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...ic=272843&st=0

You should also give yourself full control if it does not already set it for you.
    all my other files are okay. just all of my picture files are messed up. the pics are not located on another partition. i just have one c drive partition on my comp. also that guide is for xp pro only not xp home. i just saved a new jpeg and gif pic from the net and it opens it fine. all of my pics that were on my comp before are messed up though.
    Last edited by 3223; 03-25-2005 at 12:17 AM.