Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little Help Please

How can i sort this, i cant unistall Java, it doesnt have a change/uninstall option. I try to Downlaod latest Java, but it says i have to Unistall the current one, but i can.

Any help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dan.
    How can i sort this, i cant unistall Java, it doesnt have a change/uninstall option. I try to Downlaod latest Java, but it says i have to Unistall the current one, but i can.

Any help?
    Hell, try google. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+5.0+uninstall Search the net for people who have the same problem that you do. I just learned that not even a minute ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    @Hairbautt, while this forum is great, I still find googling the forums for a specific problem is for the best. You find people with the exact problem or close enought to steer you in the right direction.
    Man, I love qouting...Its like I don't even have to think.
    -------------------------------
    And what kind of Java program is that? I use this: http://www.java.com/en/
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 03-25-2005 at 07:23 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Have teied that, just comes up with the way id normally use....Control Panel- Add/Remove

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I have that Java runtime version also. I never encountered anything regarding uninstalling one version prior to installing the next. Just install update 2 and you should be fine. However, I do have that "change/remove" option available through my control panel's uninstall applet. You may be missing a file or log that the installer requires to make the necessary changes. Hard to tell.

You may be able to simply run the same .exe file that you used to originally install that version of JRSE 5.0 . It should detect that it is already installed and hopefully give you the options of "repairing", "modifying" or "removing" the software. Most of your major applications do. Some do not. You could also utilize a third-party application that forcibly removes/uninstalls software. Or simply go to http://java.sun.com and search through their FAQs pages for references to your problem. Or even email them. They do offer support for their products. Though the process of doing so might be abit on the slow side.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by .Dan.
    Have teied that, just comes up with the way id normally use....Control Panel- Add/Remove
    Did anything come up specifically that actually says that the software un-installation failed? XP has a horrible reputation of having software entries remain visible on your installed programs page even after it is gone. Just a glitch could be all that it is. Your registry may not recognize that it is gone. In which case (assuming it is) you would have to do a manual registry edit to correct the problem.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by Izagaia
    Did anything come up specifically that actually says that the software un-installation failed? XP has a horrible reputation of having software entries remain visible on your installed programs page even after it is gone. Just a glitch could be all that it is. Your registry may not recognize that it is gone. In which case (assuming it is) you would have to do a manual registry edit to correct the problem.
    Here's a Regcleaner, its the one I use
    http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-dow...cleaner4.3.htm
    Pretty simple to use. Has its own section for "Uninstalled Items".
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    try downloading and isntall/reinstalling the old version.
    eitehr it will work and write the add/remove entry back, OR you might be lucky and the installer will say repair or remove and you can choose remove.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    try downloading and isntall/reinstalling the old version.
    eitehr it will work and write the add/remove entry back, OR you might be lucky and the installer will say repair or remove and you can choose remove.
    am trying, cant find the version i need:

J2SE Runtime Enviroment 5

All i can find is Update2 To it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Djtima's Avatar ^__^
    but why are you uninstalling JAVA for?

Tima's : [ Devart - AudioScrobbler - Xfire ]

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djtima
    but why are you uninstalling JAVA for?
    i wonder....do you post just for the sake of seeing your posts?
    a quick look through the thread would clearly explain his reasons

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast