Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Time Flying

you wanna try cool try a real 767 flight sim(worlds most expensive video game)..After about 20 min I started to feel air sick...Talk about embarrassing...I Let my buddy land but take off was a blast.Something I will never forget..

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    Don't forget to tell the stewardess that it's your first time and ask her to initiate you into the mile high club.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Don't forget to tell the stewardess that it's your first time and ask her to initiate you into the mile high club.

of course of course, the mile high club my last attempts to join ended in embarrasment . I acutally asked one of the stewardess's about it and asked if I could ummm....initiate. I'm just lucky I didn't get slapped in the face (this was 2 months ago).

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13
    you wanna try cool try a real 767 flight sim(worlds most expensive video game)..After about 20 min I started to feel air sick...Talk about embarrassing...I Let my buddy land but take off was a blast.Something I will never forget..
    I once had the oppurtunity to take control of a 747 sim (ya, those big ones w/ hydraulics and all the buttons have a function ). the takeoff was so damn real i was actually holding onto my seat (my uncle was doing the takeoff, i was in the F/O's seat). I don't know what kind of sound system they have in there but the subwoofer had to be atleast 1000 Watts . I tried to land it and did (kind of off center on the runway, but there were some winds coming from the west), but man was it fun. This was at the Singapore Airlines Training Center in Singapore (right next to Changi Intl'. So lets see here, Pilots do/are the following:

1) Take control of huge fucking machines
    2) Rich ass bastards
    3) Automatic initiation into the Mile High Club and any other subsidiary programs
    4) Did I mention numbers 2 and 3?
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 03-27-2005 at 11:16 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Live from Chicago Illinois its BigBank_Hank.

The flight was incredible and I loved every second. My sister who flies all the time was with me and she said that I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time. Take offs and landings were incredible and I’d like to do them all day long. I loved the whole experience and can’t wait to do it again.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank

The flight was incredible and I loved every second. My sister who flies all the time was with me and she said that I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time. Take offs and landings were incredible and I’d like to do them all day long. I loved the whole experience and can’t wait to do it again.
    We told ya Hank - Just like my father

Enjoy the trip - The first flights you have are great

Shame there's no more Concorde to try though

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    AussieSheila's Avatar Dazed & Confused

Awwww ... that is very cool. It is mighty fun isn't it? Although long flights are very boring. Did you get fed on the plane?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over

Angry

Well we got peanuts and a coke so you can’t really call that being fed

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    lynx's Avatar .
    Well we got peanuts and a coke so you can’t really call that being fed
    IKE calls that a feast.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Oh man, Hank, if you could only travel back to the 90's and fly, or you know pre-2001 and have a friend who's a pilot. I got the flightdeck tour (and spent most of the flight in it) back in 1998, my uncle flies for Singapore Airlines (Airbus A340). It's so freakin sweet, I remember I wanted to see the landing from teh flightdeck but they're like no, it's too risky but for the most part it's the best time i've ever had....all those switches and buttons .

Nice to hear your flight went well, personally, I'm in it for the take-offs and approach(descent)/landings.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast