Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Notice of Copyright Infringement

this sucks...

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Just take the piss out of them, thats what i do. They cannot prove you downloaded the film without doing a number of things themselfs:

• Downloading the item themselfs - which is illigal
    • Contacting your ISP and asking them to check what you are downloading - illigal
    • Just looking at your IP on a tracker - no proof, say you thought Norton Ghost was a homemade horror movie

The Grudge could be a homemade fight scene between some friends, Spiderman could be a guy who eats spiders, well you get the idea. They cannot prove you downloaded what you did without breaking the law themselfs, and a torrent being called something does not prove it is infact what the name is. I told some company once i tried to download Spiderman but all i got was a fake file

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    damn, that's lame. I had a scare recently with my website, as they finally realized I was hosting an insane amount of "copyrighted" material and suspended my account.
    but they didn't even notice the copyrighted material I uploaded! they got hung up over a "The White Stripes" album uploaded by someone else with ftp access. who listens to the white stripes? ....
    luckly, blatant innocent denial still does the trick when it comes to webhosts

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    The Grudge could be a homemade fight scene between some friends, Spiderman could be a guy who eats spiders, well you get the idea. They cannot prove you downloaded what you did without breaking the law themselfs, and a torrent being called something does not prove it is infact what the name is. I told some company once i tried to download Spiderman but all i got was a fake file
    while certainly amusing, I really couldnt see that holding up anywhere. It would seek akin to telling a cop you were speeding because your speedometer dosent work. Ya know, the whole "ignorance is not an acceptable defense".

rguinn: thats a nice avatar ya got there

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    DISABLED PRIVS
    doesn't peer guardian avoids those situations?

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Now that is very messed up ...

Can just see more and more of these letters though coming in the future

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    rguinn's Avatar chemist
    Quote Originally Posted by naamah
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    while certainly amusing, I really couldnt see that holding up anywhere. It would seek akin to telling a cop you were speeding because your speedometer dosent work. Ya know, the whole "ignorance is not an acceptable defense".

rguinn: thats a nice avatar ya got there
    hey, you too

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I would never acknowledge them if i recieved a letter it just shows guilt even if you are trying to deny it.Just try to protect yourself better.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by skelley521
    am I just getting paranoid.
    Of course not! You know they are out to get us and all the IP blockers in the world wont stop them!

The question is how do they ever get in front of us?

If we run into a brick wall we are really stuffed.

Until then I shall carry on updating my vinyl and tape collection to CD and my VHS to AVI/DVD. I am 63, live on a pension and I paid for it all once. I see no reason why I should pay all over again for a media change - especially at UK rip-off prices!

Remember the old Music Industry slogan "Home taping is killing music" - haven't heard the last rites yet!
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Hi everyone.
    I'm just a newbie at all this so I might be at a loss here, but it's this thing about monitoring that you discussed. Doesn't the cops/riaa etc. actually have to be connected to the same torrent as you at the same time as you
    in order to prove that you actually shared anything?
    And if so, shouldn't this mean the occasional sharer is fairly safe?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast