Thread: never again ....Kids easter hijacked

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Ok this is a rant but steam is coming out of my ears.

We went to the Easter egg hunt in the park this morning. It's a free thing for the kids organised by volunteers. Usually it is a very well organised affair with only one or two "spoilers" The last few years I noticed a few parents "pushing" their kids to get the eggs and encouraging them to take advantage if a kid drops some.
    I think part of the problem is that some eggs have big prizes in them like bikes.(a winning ticket, not the bike itself)

The only rule is that the KIDS do the hunt not the parents and the age groups are set up into different areas so big kids don't bully the little ones.

This year the siren went off and it was like the scene from the movie jaws when some parents disregarded the rules and ran collecting up the eggs, the all hell broke out as others followed. We even saw some kids being knocked over. My daughters were terrified.

I have never seen such bad behaviour, I expect kids to misbehave, that's their job but this took the cake.

Then on the rides parents sat by watching their kids push other kids out of the way in the queue. Eventually the park staff had to just stop the rides.
    It wasn't because it was badly organised, every year up to this year it has been an amazing example of community spirit. This year it was hijacked by thugs.

It angers me when I see parents on the news complaining about pop singers or sports personalities not being angels when they are supposed to be role models..... It's easy to see why so many kids get in trouble when they grow up.....Parents are the biggest role models.

We won't attend next year if we are still in this town..... That's if the event ever take place again after this shameful display.

rant over.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Welcome to the 21st Century
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Sorry for you and your children vidcc,
    hopefully you'll find something better for them to do next year

4. Lounge   -   #4
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    It is a shame. Some older boys pushed my eight year old daughter down,just last week.(at our local easter egg hunt) One of the child's parents wanted to start a fight with me, because I corrected his child.

Sigh...sorry to hear about your day Vid,tis a shame indeed!

Peace bd

5. Lounge   -   #5
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Fight fire with fire m8 its a jungle out there

6. Lounge   -   #6
    And some think that we are not animals.

Just get rid of the prizes. The hunt and the candy is enough to keep most kids in a state of sensory overload.

Seems that the big prizes have brought out the greed in people.

Real pity about a day of family fun, particularly the ride thing.

Perhaps Busyman is right, we are all just a bunch of blood-thirsty animals looking out for number 1 and the common man needs a Judge figure looming overhead to curb his feral nature. All it seems to take is the slightest enticement to bring the beast forth.

My parents would have been appalled that I pushed little kids out of the way to cut in line. This troubles me most of all, the parents should have stepped in and stepped in hardcore.
    Last edited by hobbes; 03-27-2005 at 03:44 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

Just get rid of the prizes. The hunt and the candy is enough to keep most kids in a state of sensory overload.

Real pity about a day of family fun, particularly the ride thing.

Perhaps Busyman is right, we are all just a bunch of blood-thirsty animals looking out for number 1 and the common man needs a Judge figure looming overhead to curb his feral nature. All it seems to take is the slightest enticement to bring the beast forth.

My parents would have been appalled that I pushed little kids out of the way to cut in line. This troubles me most of all, the parents should have stepped in and stepped in hardcore.
    Things are getting worse because people change the fundamentals of what used to work.
    WTF are big prizes there for?!! Gotta agree with hobbes here.

@hobbes - ...and those folks can be the same ones attending church every Sunday.

Anytime you add certain elements to something, you change the response to it.
    Example: Add gambling to an area, you attract criminals.

Imagine if the Easter egg hunt prizes were THOUSANDS of dollars
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

I believe this also although instead of getting rid of the prizes I would do what happens at the Halloween thing, everyone gets a ticket with a number and they hold a raffle.

I don't know what to do about the rides except have the town council install Disney type barriers, but then ordinarily they are not needed.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    And some think that we are not animals
    were not that far away though, theres a lot of hiccups in human nature I find, I don't know what we could do about it, we don't do the prizes in eggs thing in the uk so I've never experianced what your saying. looking at humans from an alien point of view must be really bizarre, it still disheartens me when I see news footage of £million pound missiles fired from 1000 miles out at sea through somebodys bedroom window then in the next clip saying they cant get food or water to starving kids in africa
    Humans who'd be one huh?