Thread: Itunes, I hate it.

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Well I am forced into using Itunes as all my winamp playlists go messed up, and I dont feel like re-doing all 1 million of them, so I figured I'd just use Itunes and it would organize my music files. Wrong, it did make them organized, but now when I sometimes try to play a song it goes, "The song BlahBlahBlah could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it?" I could locate it, but I dont feel like locating all zillion of the ones that arent working. I've tried reinstalling Itunes, to see if it would do that thing when you first install, where it scans all of your files, but it wont do it again, not matter what I do. I've tried restarting, cleaning the registry, deleting Itunes files after I uninstall, but the program will not re-scan my computer for where the music files are. Help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    In Winamp just choose add music to my library and point to the folder with your music, it adds it and reads the tas automatically.
    dont see what the big deal is...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You are a genious. Thank you. Now I dont have to use stupid Itunes. Thanks.! But say if I download more files. Will Winamp recogonize these?
    Last edited by orcutt989; 03-28-2005 at 05:09 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    You are a genious. Thank you. Now I dont have to use stupid Itunes. Thanks.! But say if I download more files. Will Winamp recogonize these?
    It's supposed to but never does for me.
    I just go to ad media to library again, choose the folder, it quickly scans the files and adds the new ones to the library, then click "clear search" (no clue why you have to do this) and it refreshes the music list for you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    It's supposed to but never does for me.
    I just go to ad media to library again, choose the folder, it quickly scans the files and adds the new ones to the library, then click "clear search" (no clue why you have to do this) and it refreshes the music list for you.
    How do I choose the folder again?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hello?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Why don't you make the folder your music is in and the folder you download to the same?

Frankly, if you're using multiple media players, and/or P2P software of some type, then it makes things much more simple if you use just one folder for all of your media.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    How do I choose the folder again?

scroll up and read my post again.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by harrycary
    Why don't you make the folder your music is in and the folder you download to the same?

Frankly, if you're using multiple media players, and/or P2P software of some type, then it makes things much more simple if you use just one folder for all of your media.
    They are the same. If I download new music, or move the folders around in the My Music folder, Winamp does not recognize the moved music or the new music.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 04-01-2005 at 08:36 PM.