Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: half life 2 troubles.

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    so wait, u took a picture of it yet you eventually tore it off? kinda pointless to take a picture when you're going to have the actual "paper" in ur hand dont ya think? and yes, do what peerz told u to do. he knows his stuff.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 03-30-2005 at 02:23 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by McNutter
    Hi guys.

I'm asking for a big favour. I need to use a steam account to get to get HL2 installed/activated/updated. I have the CD version but it's useless without an account. I would need the account for an hour or so after that you could change the password etc so I don't have access anymore. It's a long shot but any volunteers?

Buy it or steal it from a shop like everyone else did here.

The PROViSiON release has been altered and doesn't use Steam, it uses a crappy emulator that they stole from VENGANCE and altered to make it worse. The VENGANCE release uses a Steam emulator to install the game, but once installed you can run it through Steam providing you have a retail cd key, which is what you and I have. I was in the same boat as you were just get the VENGANCE release. I think there are still active torrents HERE or you can do what i did and get it from IRC, on IRC it took me less than 4 hours as most of the times the bots maxxed me out. Newsgroups might also be worth a try. If worse comes to worse im sure its on emule.

and yes, do what peerzY told u to do. he knows his stuff.
    I do know what im doing by the way, hows your 10Mb connection doing?

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster
    Thanks for the help peerzy, im already 1/4 way done downloading the vengance release from torrentspy. As for why i tore it off....well I didnt tear the whole thing off. I wanted to get in and out of the store as fast as I could. I took some pics, and tore off a small piece, its hard to peel it off all in one piece, but without one digit of the cd key, let alone 5-9, they wont be able to use the cd key. So if they put the game back on shelves and someone buys it, opens it and discovers there cd key sticker has been defaced, they wont be able to use it, and i am forever the only holder of the cd key. I am a mastermind. And also, what about updates? Will i have to apply the latest patches, or will steam do it, or what?

4. Games   -   #14
    Steam will update.

5. Games   -   #15
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    my 10mbps is doing just fine (thanks for teh 1337 own4g3 )

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12