Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pope - Wanted Dead or Alive

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    The point of this thread can be found in the title. (mainly press flame)

Summary:
    The pope is dieing, he wants no hospital, he has recieved his last rights, recieving your last rights is the last statement...
    Anointing of the sick is a sacrament. A sacrament is an outward sign of God's love. This sacrament isn't just for people who are almost dead. However, it is for anyone who might be sick and facing death, old age, serious mental illness, people who are going to have a serious operation, and those who might find strength with the sacrament.

The Anointing of the Sick is also known as the Last Rites. In the Anointing of the Sick, we pray for the sick person to be healed in body and spirit if that healing will contribute to the salvation of their soul. If the sick person was not able to receive the sacrament of Penance, the forgiveness of sins is also granted. Finally, for those at the point of death, the Anointing of the Sick, along with Reconciliation and Eucharist prepares for their passage to eternal life.
    source
    the last rites are not always the "last statement" although in this case he probably won't recover.

It is now 2005, the pope's of the olden days where the most powerfull persons in the world, today "he" is still dominant over "moral" issues. Apart from Kings, Popes hold their position until death - which is a very non "modern" attitude - and in the eyes of the non religious 205ers can be seen as a reality tv, but to those that "believe" it is not a media hype joke.

next?
    was the headline "pope wanted dead or alive"?

Are you distressed at the fact that the worlds media is camped outside awaiting news? or that one reported mistakenly and the others picked up on it and followed suit?
    we live in a modern world with instant news.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    the pope is dead

believe what you read

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    The point of this thread can be found in the title. (mainly press flame)

Summary:
    The pope is dieing, he wants no hospital, he has recieved his last rights, recieving your last rights is the last statement...
    He is regarded as the closest thing to god
    That is all

It is now 2005, the pope's of the olden days where the most powerfull persons in the world, today "he" is still dominant over "moral" issues. Apart from Kings, Popes hold their position until death - which is a very non "modern" attitude - and in the eyes of the non religious 205ers can be seen as a reality tv, but to those that "believe" it is not a media hype joke.

next?
    ...and the Pope presides over an institution that sought to cover up child molesting priests.

Someone please shed some more light on...what is the Pope? He is one religious figure I have never read up on, which is kinda weird.

I've paid much attention to the Catholic religion but have studied others.
    I know it involves wearing specific wearing of garbs, going through a priest to get to God, and has other books (besides the Bible) chronicling wars.

It seems that sans the Bible, when The Vatican decrees something, everyone that is Catholic should fall in line to an extent. Lastly, I understand Catholism came about as a compromise between Christianity and the Romans.

Someone shed some light...
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-02-2005 at 03:19 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    ...and the Pope presides over an institution that sought to cover up child molesting priests.

Someone please shed some more light on...what is the Pope? He is one religious figure I have never read up on, which is kinda weird.

I've paid much attention to the Catholic religion but have studied others.
    I know it involves wearing specific wearing of garbs, going through a priest to get to God, and has other books (besides the Bible) chronicling wars.

It seems that sans the Bible, when The Vatican decrees something, everyone that is Catholic should fall in line to an extent. Lastly, I understand Catholism came about as a compromise between Christianity and the Romans.

Someone shed some light...
    http://www.answers.com/pope

off topic
    And vatican city is ruled under theocracy not democracy.
    Last edited by Formula1; 04-02-2005 at 03:22 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by answers.com
    Catholics believe that when the pope speaks officially on matters of faith and morals, he speaks infallibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    It seems that sans the Bible, when The Vatican decrees something, everyone that is Catholic should fall in line to an extent.
    At least on one note I ain't far off.

Gimme more..
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    weird...i just reread this thread and it turns out i am quite pro religion
    although if you asked me i'd say i wasn't
    is it wrong to want a hamburger now?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    weird...i just reread this thread and it turns out i am quite pro religion
    although if you asked me i'd say i wasn't
    is it wrong to want a hamburger now?
    Yes. As long as it is not Friday.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    OMFG a rock fell on him

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    OMFG a rock fell on him
    Relax! It was the rock of ages.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    It is now 2005, the pope's of the olden days where the most powerfull persons in the world, today "he" is still dominant over "moral" issues.
    Then the Iraqi War was Immoral...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast