Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shearer...

manker's Avatar effendi
    So, am I the only one who thinks he's acted selfishly twice, once when he thought:
    Oh fuck, I'm probably not going to get a game next year, what with me being old and Bellamy, Ameobi, Kluivert being pretty good strikers in their own right. I'd be a good squad member but I'll quit anyway, bollocks to the team's needs. I think I'll just use my influence over Bobby to get picked this season, break the record and put pressure on Freddie so as I can be manager next year, I'll also study for my coaching badges, he can hardly say no, Bobby is too old.
    Then when it became clear he wouldn't be breaking the record and Souness had a pretty watertight contract for next season:
    Ermm, maybe I'll carry on then, only won one trophy in my career so I really need that record - Souness will be in an absolutely untenable position with me being coach but I'll do it anyway - hopefully he'll quit after I've got that precious record.
    Alan Shearer - brilliant centre forward, twat of a bloke
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    So, am I the only one who thinks he's acted selfishly twice, once when he thought:Then when it became clear he wouldn't be breaking the record and Souness had a pretty watertight contract for next season:Alan Shearer - brilliant centre forward, twat of a bloke
    The fact that he has stayed at NUFC all this time when he could have gone to bigger/better teams proves he's all about the club, which is something rare in the game today.

Other footballers act a lot more selfishly in trying to get their own way about squad selection.

Brilliant footballer, top bloke.

Dyer and Bowyer on the other hand are twats. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 04-03-2005 at 01:57 PM.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Shearer stayed at Newcastle because he wants his own way all of the time and he can get it at Newcastle. The chairman and manager were his lap-dogs, he wouldn't have gotten that anywhere else.

He managed to get Ruud Gullet sacked 'cause he dared to drop him for the Sunderland game and since then he's been quite comfortable running NUFC. You really think Robson picked the team each week.

There is no more selfish act than getting the manager sacked because he didn't pick you, I don't recall a precident. He threatened to put in a transfer request if Gullet didn't go -- There is no more selfish footballer in that respect than Alan Shearer.

He does care about Newcastle, of that there is no doubt, but it's his way or sulkage.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Didn't see your edit, I've just read that Bowyer might get sacked, possibly Dyer too

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Didn't see your edit, I've just read that Bowyer might get sacked, possibly Dyer too
    I just read a story on Sky Sports about that, but it was just the PFA chairman or someone saying NUFC could sack them if they wanted to. Somehow I doubt they'll sack them, especially Dyer who's a bit too valuable...

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Newcastle is in the race to replace Shearer with one of worlds best strikers atm...
    t's just unfair that UK football has too much money so they can buy whoever they want....

Btw if they do buy him they make the best buy they can make, and Shearer will soon be forgotten

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jetje
    Btw if they do buy him they make the best buy they can make, and Shearer will soon be forgotten
    I think you don't understand the fanaticism of the Geordie faithful. He will be a legend that they will speak of on teh terraces at St.James forever.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    I think you don't understand the fanaticism of the Geordie faithful. He will be a legend that they will speak of on teh terraces at St.James forever.

Shearer is the same now as he was when we were at school.

Shame really, he should have grown up by now... he can be a twat, but he's not that bad

The local rag had Bowyer on the front page tonight... "I would die for this club, all i can do now is pray that the fans forgive me"...

Not me.. didnt want him to come, will be glad to see him go... racist twat that he is.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Shearer = Great Striker + Decent Spud

Souness = Hacking Bastard + Total Cunt

That is all.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    jetje's Avatar former star
    guess i had to say : "less missed" instead of forgotten...

Kuyt is a decent bloke with his head straight on his shoulders always working hard and a nose for goals.

Bowyer was that the guy that beat his teammate up... saw that on sportschannel last weekend what a laugh. You must have some loose screws to act like that against a teammate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast