Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nokia PC Suite:Help trbl shoot or find an alt

Unsure

Need soem desperate help frnds

I have a Nokia 6670 and I use a Nokia PC Suite V6.4 to connect it to my comp via USB using a DKU-cable

I often carry files on my phone from my comp

for the lat 2 weeks when ever I try to use the Nokia Phone Browse option in it my comp hangs.. the phone works just fine
    On the task manager CPU usage goes and stays at a constant 100% and Explorer.exe process uses up to 95% of CPU time

I have tried re-installing the the DKU-2 driver, the Nokia PC Suite V6.4 and nothing works..

Imp thing to note is I am able to use PC Sync option and the App installer

I am frustated and I want yo guys to suggest a sol or an alternative

Pls dont suggest Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian as it does not give me the option to conect via USB , only gives bluetooth [COM5 port] and IrDA options and I dont have eithr option on my comp

Is there an alternate s/w available that would let me read and write the content of my N6670 using USB DKU-2 connection

I have a WinXP Pro with SP2 and all latest updates installed on my P4 machine
    Last edited by gd3110; 04-03-2005 at 09:30 PM.
    <span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    can someone plese help me .. I am in need of urgent help
    <span style='color:purple'>The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother&#39;s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Oxygen Phone Manager for Nokias??

Might help.....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    naa dude it does not connect using USB..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'm sorry, but Nokia's software is kinda' shitty.

If uninstalling it completely, and then reinstalling it won't work I'm not sure what to do, in fact I'd avoid it altogether and get a bluetooth adapter instead.

Just transferring files shouldn't need any extra software if it's anything like my phone.

Bluetooth-adapters for usb aren't very expensive and if you should happen to be really low on cash the cheapest possible one you can find should hopefully still be able to do the job.

With symbian you can install apps after transferring the files to the phone, without needing any extra software there either.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-07-2005 at 08:01 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I agree Nokia s/w is shitty .. I dont own a blue donggle ..I want to know if someone know how to directly access my phone (Nokia 6670) from the computer without the nokia s/w using a usb connection

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    You asked for an alternative solution, I gave you one by suggesting you buy a (cheap) bluetooth-dongle. Hopefully it should let you transfer files into the public folder of the phone without any extra software. Much better than having to cope with the pc-suite.

However, I also had another suggestion, which is that you uninstall the pc-suite software completely, removing all traces of it, before you install it again.

Other than that, I haven't found any solutions as I'm unaware of any software that does what you want apart from those you have already named.

If your phone uses memory cards you could get a card reader and transfer files directly to the cards. That would probably be more expensive, though.

But if you had memory cards I don't see why you'd need pc-suite anyway, as it's quite doable to transfer files to the card through the phone's usb cable without any extra software, at least with my (symbian based) nokia phone.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-09-2005 at 06:37 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    "But if you had memory cards I don't see why you'd need pc-suite anyway, as it's quite doable to transfer files to the card through the phone's usb cable without any extra software, at least with my (symbian based) nokia phone."

but how?..are you refering to a card reader .. thn forget it .. dongle is not an option either

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    With my cell, I can see the memory card as removable storage device, if it's in the phone while the phone is connected to the computer.

'k?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    without any external s/w .. coz on my winXP SP2, i dont .. do I have to enable any settings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast