Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Drugs

Poster
    however, not all drugs have addictive properties. Also, I absolutely agree, people can make decisions they regret while under the influence of a chemical.
    Tell me. Exactly how long does this "influence" last?

It seems to me that the nature of addiction is that they have cravings for quite a long time after they stop. Is that not "influence"?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@8 April 2003 - 04:44
    Drug users can be successful and hold down responsible jobs and keep their families together. Drug addicts can't. There's a BIG difference!!
    You cannot be a drug addict if you are not a drug user. Simple, no? Do you think drug addicts choose to be addicts?

Sorry Somebody, I don't think I phrased it clearly enough. I should have said "RESPONSIBLE, RECREATIONAL DRUG USERS". And I do think addicts have a choice about whether they do drugs, if they didn't have a choice how would they go about stopping? I know from personal experience that you have to want to stop yourself, so it IS down to an individuals choice. I've not relapsed once since quitting because I WANTED to stop!! You can slip into addiction easily but it was your initial choice in the first place. It is a life choice. It is natural selection. It is Darwinian. The weaker ones don't survive, but the stronger ones do. It's a very simplistic, harsh view - Sorry.

I respect Weemouse and Lamseys point of view though even if it is a bit selective.

Hold it down.
    Signature removed

3. Lounge   -   #43
    mmmmmm did somebody say line?

Reality is an illusion caused by the lack of good pot.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by soopaman+7 April 2003 - 10:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (soopaman @ 7 April 2003 - 10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lamsey@7 April 2003 - 16:16
    Drugs are great&#33;
    Explain? I don&#39;t see much in the way of advantages apart from the temporary high.

In contrast, I see many disadvantages:
    1) They are addictive - there&#39;s no way out if you go too far.
    2) They are expensive - get addicted and they&#39;ll take up all of your disposable income and then some.
    3) They are illegal - usage will get you into trouble with the police.
    4) They are very unhealthy and will ruin your body and your mind.
    5) They kill - we lost two guys in our year at school at the ages of 15 and then 17. Guess what? They ODed.
    6) They leave you depressed - after the high, you&#39;ll end up lower than ever.
    7) They mark you as being on the bottom of the social pile - everyone looks down on junkies.
    8) They make you stink. More.
    9) They massively lower your chances of being successful with members of the opposite sex (it&#39;s difficult to chat people up when you&#39;re pissed or stoned).

and last but not least:

10) Some drugs (including those in cigarettes) artificially accelerate the aging process of the male sexual organ, ie. they shrink your penis.

Remember the words of Mr. Mackie: "drugs are bad, mmmkay?"
    They&#39;re illegal for a reason - they&#39;re bad for you&#33;
    I get your point but have a few points I disagree with:

1) Not ALL drugs are addictive. Where&#39;s your evidence to support this ridiculous claim?

2) Drugs are NOT that expensive. Ecstacy used to be £20 a pop now it&#39;s £3. How can that be getting more expensive?

3) Not all mind altering substances are illegal&#33;&#33;

4) Some drugs are actually beneficial. Why do you think we have pharmacies?

5) NATURAL SELECTION&#33;&#33; Sad but true.

6) Some drugs are used to cure depression, but you&#39;re right after the high comes the low.

7) Not all drug users are junkies. Some are very successful people. You can&#39;t tar everybody with the same brush&#33;&#33;

8) See above answer.

9) Crap, Cocaine makes you more confident ( in the short term&#33;&#33; ) but has bad long term effects&#33;&#33;

10) Where&#39;s your proof? Do you going round inspecting drug users cocks? You need another hobby&#33;&#33;

Drugs are illegal for a number of reasons. Being harmful is pretty far down the list. If public safety was an issue the Government would ban Alcohol and Tobacco tomorrow&#33;&#33;

Don&#39;t be so narrow minded in your opinion of drug users, not everyone lives like Trainspotting&#33;&#33; Not all drug users are scruffy, unkempt, stinking junkies&#33;&#33;

I have no real objection to drugs myself. Adults should be able to decide what to put into their own bodies and not treated like children by some "Nanny State".

I thought Mr.Mackie enjoyed LSD and the whole drug scene. Or was I stoned when I watched South Park?
    [/b][/quote]
    Moderation is the key to everything......................to far left......to far right.....and your view get&#39;s distorted.

Listen to what they tell you ,but don&#39;t believe evey quote or statistic you here.
    Make your own decisions based on both sides of the story.

Come on don&#39;t be a freaking robot&#33;..........think&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Peace brotherdoobie B)

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Drugs
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

6. Lounge   -   #46
    imported_el-producto
    i smoke bud a few days out of the week pretty much

i also occasionally trip out on shrooms, acid, sip on lean, get wasted, some lines of coke, pop pills, x

tried smoking dust one time...that shit is really bad

7. Lounge   -   #47
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    Thanks to everyone who supports Lamsey and myself&#33;

To the rest of you guys...

I&#39;m not your mum - I can&#39;t tell you that it&#39;s bad so don&#39;t do it&#33;

I know Lamsey and I might seem young and perhaps naive as neither of us have been involved in the drugs/smoking/drink scene, but we would just prefer to distance ourselves from smoking, drugs and excessive alcohol consumption. We see people in our class come in hungover, stoned or gasping for a fag and basically we don&#39;t see the attraction&#33;

So you guys out there - you&#39;re all great, no matter what your opinion is

Thanks for a great discussion

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Fasttracker A
    You guys like fags ......I hope you mean smokes ,cigs whatever.

I guess thats all part of the anti smoking program,because everyone gets disgusted when you say your gonna go have a fag ,suck back a fag,buy some fags,craving for some fags,really need a fag.
    aaahhhh gross

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Winners dont need drugs

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Fasttracker A
    what with all of you guys passing judgment on drug users?

They are sick and need our help, hahaha

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast