Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: X-Files 2 Gets Closer

  1. #1
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vault 111
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,947
    David Duchovny told SCI FI Wire that he, Gillian Anderson and Chris Carter are on board for a second feature film based on their hit TV series The X-Files and that the project is inching toward becoming a reality. Carter would write and produce, while Duchovny and Anderson would reprise their respective roles as FBI special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. "As far I know we're all getting very close to saying that it would be shooting sometime early next year," Duchovny said in an interview while promoting his latest film, House of D, a drama that he directed. "So it's much closer to being a reality than in the last couple of years."


    We also know for sure (due to previously released info) that the film will be a standalone, so that n00bs can pick it up quickly with no problems. Its also intended to be Mulder & Scully central, although Carter does want Doggett & Reyes included.

    Itll be interesting to see how they fit all this around 2012, the only reasonable time it could be set before The Truth parts 1 and 2 is maybe a few episodes before them. Those were the only ones to have all 4 agents active. And even then Mulder wasnt working for the FBI in the strictest sense of the word

    Plus, with the mess the final two episodes would have left for Mulder & Scully, Id be surprised if either of them would be able to continue their work on The X Files (though Scully could maybe get away with it).

    Also, do you think wed find out what happened to Kursh? How Mulder could get back on US soil without the people who want him dead succeeding?


    Theres just so many question that need to be answered, I hope Carter makes a proper go of it. In fact Id rather hed somehow have the film set in an early season, 3 or 4 maybe (if he can make the duo look young enough) instead of ignoring important questions. It would be nice to have a little bit more closure.

    Hell probably think of a clever way to have a standalone and answer questions without them interfering with the plot.

  2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    I hope this one is good 'cause the first one wasn't all that and I'm an X-Files fan.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vault 111
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,947
    The first one rawx0rd with teh luv!!111 - imo it did anyway, because it was mythology heavy, and preferring that just a little bit more to standalone, the film came across as excellent

    The look on some peoples faces when they came out of the cinema saying wtf?

  4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    The first one rawx0rd with teh luv!!111 - imo it did anyway, because it was mythology heavy, and preferring that just a little bit more to standalone, the film came across as excellent

    The look on some peoples faces when they came out of the cinema saying wtf?
    Well what I mean is it's not a movie that people talk about too much now and most couldn't tell you what the movie was about.
    It did have some good parts though.

    I said it before that I prefer the adventure episodes of the TV show versus the wraparound story. This movie happened to be about the wraparound story.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-04-2005 at 05:10 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    Yesh!!!11!

    I'm hoping for closure too, too much was left unfinished

  6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    886
    i was a huge xfiles fan, but after season 8 or 9, the one before the last, i stopped watching. i mean i loved gillian, god knows. but without duchovney man it just didnt feel right. i heard the last episode wasnt very good, with dead people coming back and recaps of shit unanswered. i see xfiles are out on dvd, 100 bucks for season 1, it's insanity. i would like to see this movie come out tho, i enjoyed the first one, watched it atleast 20 times. best of luck to them all.

  7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    i was a huge xfiles fan, but after season 8 or 9, the one before the last, i stopped watching. i mean i loved gillian, god knows. but without duchovney man it just didnt feel right. i heard the last episode wasnt very good, with dead people coming back and recaps of shit unanswered. i see xfiles are out on dvd, 100 bucks for season 1, it's insanity. i would like to see this movie come out tho, i enjoyed the first one, watched it atleast 20 times. best of luck to them all.
    Yep X-Files has been out on disc for years.

    It shouldn't cost $100 though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    42
    They should just use the premise for the movie and do a whole new series. Not that Carter has been much busy anyways..

  9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I think we all know that a new movie would be a complete success if it stared me and the delightful Agent Scully, and they got rid of that Mulder completely, Or maybe made him my sidekick.

    My show would also get picked up for a second season fosure, Im sure they could write me back in somehow, via this dead people talking link.
    "Sure, baby. My Kung Fu is the best"

  10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Frohike
    I think we all know that a new movie would be a complete success if it stared me and the delightful Agent Scully, and they got rid of that Mulder completely, Or maybe made him my sidekick.

    My show would also get picked up for a second season fosure, Im sure they could write me back in somehow, via this dead people talking link.
    Hey Doohicky, why are you talking like you are an actor or something and not actually Arcadia?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •