Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Download Vietcong Fast & Free

Poster
    Night Ass, how do you resume the download, like you said you could. I got to about 42% but then had to turn the comp off. When i restarted it, I initated BitTorrent, tryed executing the Vietcong file but it wont respond to carry on downloading it. Any suggestions ,thanks
    TNTIcemanTNT

2. Games   -   #32
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    You should just have to go to the site where the torrent link is located, click it and when Bit Torrent asks you where you want to save the file, select the folder your partial download is in. It will then check the file for a while (quite a while) and then resume from where it left off.

3. Games   -   #33
    Screw this download thingy. It's taking up all my upload speed, then I can't get fast downloads. Really lame :|

4. Games   -   #34
    I had that problem too but if you get the slightly modified version of Bit Torrent (called experimental, but seems fine too me) from here, it lets you limit your upload speed so it doesn't go overboard.

5. Games   -   #35
    Well that would be cheap. Bit Torrent relies on others to upload from you to get a fast upload speed. If you choose not to let people upload from you or you make your upload speed really slow, then you're just gona make people downlaod slower and everyone suffers.

6. Games   -   #36
    It's not cheap - it's useful just like the bandwith limiter in K-Lite is useful. Clearly you don't get massive reduction in connection performance when your upload is maxed out past it's designated speed.

7. Games   -   #37
    Meh. If you do want to redude your upload speed I would SUGGEST that you set your speed to 20kb/s if your on DSL/Cable. If your on 56k, why the hell would you be using Bit Torrent? If you set it to somewhere below 10kb/s, everybody suffers, even you, since they can't get anything from you and you can't get anything from them, because of the small upload speed.

@Night Ass:
    How many seeds for this torrent are there?

8. Games   -   #38
    Poster
    I downloaded the torrent file again, but the now the download is starting from 0% again....arg.

9. Games   -   #39
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    @PersianBulldog Look also at this topic: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=40&t=19846

I have donwloaded unbreakable from www.hotfire.net

I downloaded the torrent file again, but the now the download is starting from 0% again....arg.
    You have to save it into the same folder. Then it checks the file and resume downloading.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

10. Games   -   #40
    Poster
    I did that, I redownloaded the file from the sit Night Ass provided, put it in exectly the same file as the old one, and saved it there where I had saved it before. It's not working the way you say it should do

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast