Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the best BitTorrent client?

i like the new bittorrent client for mac, but then again the old version is the only other one i've ever used.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Azureus!

Cross platform
    best interface
    select individual files within a torrent
    easy tracker

It is the one

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Ive said it before and I'll say it again...
    Azureus rocks!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    I have to agree with the people above here that say that Azureus is the best. I do find, however that it has a tendancy to offer too many requests to quickly and has a tendancy to "freak out" routers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I switched to Azureus after 2 weeks of using bitcomet last night. There seems to be a connectability prblem with bitcomet, and even though Azureus is sucking up my RAM, its a much better client. Take the bad for more good I say

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    G3 Torrent is my choice. I espically love the web interface. It lets me browse at school and start the downloads so its done by the time I get home.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Azureus all the way!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by ken52787
    G3 Torrent is my choice.
    never heard of that...can u give me the link? I'll sure like to check it out later.
    peace
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-20-2005 at 01:51 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

9. BitTorrent   -   #29

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Guys, about 14 months ago when I first started using BitTorrent, I started out with Shareaza for about a month, cuz I was a complete noob.

Then I tried the official client for a night. Another mistake (sorry, Cohen!) Then I visited the web site for BitTornado. The site itself sucks, and I wasn't impressed by the client. Then I tried BitSomething and BitSomethingElse. And then I found heaven. I mean, you know, that friendly blue frog which has become my best digital friend and my number 1 most important program under Windows (or Linux or Mac, all thanx to the fact it's built on Java).

People that say Azureus is a resource hog either...

1. Have a really crappy computer with less than 512 MB RAM, which is a bare minimum these days.
    2. Don't have good systems, period. They got spyware or some BS running.
    3 They don't have a current version of Java, or a clean installation of Java.
    4. Perhaps they're running more than 40 processes so the 30-100 MB that javaw.exe uses is a big deal.

Fact is, all those other clients, including BitComet (which I've tried and I think has a really crappy UI compared to Azureus), don't have nearly as many great, useful features as Azureus.

The plug-ins for Azureus that most people use are the RSSFeed Scanner, which rocks for automatically downloading TV shows, and SafePeer, which blocks the MPAA and BayTSP from communicating with you as long as you're blocking them with the proper blacklists from BlueTack.co.uk or Methlabs.org.

Now when I hear about new clients, I don't even want try them out. At most, I'll check out a screenshot which only helps me reiterate the fact that Azureus is by far the best. Because there's nothing wrong with Azureus and it does just about anything I would ever want it to do.

Now there's even a torrent chat plug-in that lets you chat with other users downloading any torrent, apparently (they also have to have that plug-in installed of course, duh!).

If you've tried the rest, now try the best - Azureus http://azureus.sourceforge.net And by the way I have nothing to do with the Azureus team, I'm just a fan. Almost an admirer, you could say.
    Last edited by DrTroy47; 04-20-2005 at 05:12 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast