Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn Am I Late!!!

scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Aside from the remake of Oldboy* (which isn't out until next year) I have seen all the films listed and their remakes. So what is your point?

You, on the other hand, haven't even heard of some of the films on my list so it's you that is "shooting shit". I can form on an opinion based on, wait for it, the fact that I've seen them...

I have yet, in my experience, to see a remake of a foreign film by Hollywood that is in any way superior to the source material. Glossier maybe but not better.

*Don't get me wrong though I would love for the remake of this great film to be the wasp's tits. I really would.

ahahhahaha u got owned busyman

hows chris...

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Tago Mago's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    All of those remakes were pretty pointless, although The Ring was watchable enough. I really can't see how a remake of Old Boy is going to work. Hollywood is at least operating an equal opportunities policy by producing godawful remakes of American oldies: Stepford Wives, Bilko, Assault on Precinct 13 etc.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I just found out that Fever Pitch and Oldboy both came out Friday!!!

Oldboy got good reviews while Fever Pitch didn't.
    I don't think Oldboy has come out yet (at least the planned remake).

As an aside to my point, Kung-Fu Hustle has been released in USA recently and is doing alright for itself on a limited release. Not the greatest film imo, but still nice to see a subtitled film do well.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 04-15-2005 at 01:13 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #24

As an aside to my point, Kung-Fu Hustle has been released in USA recently and is doing alright for itself on a limited release. Not the greatest film imo, but still nice to see a subtitled film do well.
    It was the old Oldboy.

Kung Fu hustle was very good.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Aside from the remake of Oldboy* (which isn't out until next year) I have seen all the films listed and their remakes. So what is your point?

You, on the other hand, haven't even heard of some of the films on my list so it's you that is "shooting shit". I can form on an opinion based on, wait for it, the fact that I've seen them...

I have yet, in my experience, to see a remake of a foreign film by Hollywood that is in any way superior to the source material. Glossier maybe but not better.

*Don't get me wrong though I would love for the remake of this great film to be the wasp's tits. I really would.
    Actually based on the fact that you haven't seen 2 out of the four you mentioned, you are "shooting shit" regarding those particular films but based on your other movie viewing experiences your opinions are of course, well..yours and correct for you.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by UseYourBrain
    Actually based on the fact that you haven't seen 2 out of the four you mentioned, you are "shooting shit" regarding those particular films but based on your other movie viewing experiences your opinions are of course, well..yours and correct for you.
    Actually I make it one out of those ten films that I haven't seen...(original+remake times 5).

And if you think I'm "shooting shit" well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 04-15-2005 at 11:59 AM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27

I'm looking forward to seeing Kung Fu Hustle when it comes out over here. I really liked Shaolin Soccer.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tago Mago
    I'm looking forward to seeing Kung Fu Hustle when it comes out over here. I really liked Shaolin Soccer.
    I'd say you'll defiently enjoy it if you liked Shaolin Soccer, same weird humour and same crazy cgi effects. Watch out for the Shaolin Soccer reference right at the beggining.

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    I'd say you'll defiently enjoy it if you liked Shaolin Soccer, same weird humour and same crazy cgi effects. Watch out for the Shaolin Soccer reference right at the beggining.
    Not due in Uk cinemas until June 10 I've just noticed. But then, that's what bittorrents for, I guess...

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tago Mago
    Not due in Uk cinemas until June 10 I've just noticed. But then, that's what bittorrents for, I guess...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast