Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty 2 Announced

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    April 7, 2005 - Activision announced today that Infinity Ward is officially developing Call of Duty 2, due out this fall. Since Grey Matter Studios developed CoD: United Offensive, it had been speculated that Infinity was developing the sequel at the same time.

Grant Collier, Infinity's president, proclaims breathlessly, "Our team at Infinity Ward is committed to thrusting gamers into the heat of battle like no other, taking players on a thrill-ride of adrenaline that leaves everyone gasping for air. In Call of Duty 2, we are creating the most intense and realistic action game imaginable with a stunning visual atmosphere and an advanced technology that delivers an unprecedented level of authenticity."

The original Call of Duty won numerous awards, including IGN's 2003 Best PC Game of the Year.

According to the release, players will now be able to engage the enemy in a more non-linear battlefield, tackle the major battles chronologically, and use squad tactics not available in the previous CoD games. There's also the "Battle Chatter System," similar to Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, where squad members use dynamic dialogue to create situational awareness in real-time.
    i dont like the idea of Squad tactics and battle chatter same as "BIA", mybe they can make it more enjoyable in COD2... who knows.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i reckon it'll be better than the first. it seems to me like they're trying to blur the lines between singleplayer and multiplayer even more.

playing BiA now. i've just about got the hang of squad controls but it seems like theres too much luck/trial and error involved. i hope CoD2 is a bit less linear this

3. Games   -   #3
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    yeah cod's online and also mohaa's online was terrible me thinks....i hope they fix it up so its similar to DOD or even DOD : SOURCE

4. Games   -   #4
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I sure hope you can command squad mates. I liked BIA but i didnt think the squad controls where as in-depth as they could have been.

Cant wait, mabye by then i will be able to buy a new PC

5. Games   -   #5
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    I sure hope you can command squad mates. I liked BIA but i didnt think the squad controls where as in-depth as they could have been.

Cant wait, mabye by then i will be able to buy a new PC
    i can't believe they had an observational mode but you can't issue orders through it

6. Games   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    yeah cod's online and also mohaa's online was terrible me thinks....i hope they fix it up so its similar to DOD or even DOD : SOURCE
    DOD source is out ?????

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Games   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Actually I really did like using squad tactics in "BIA" . It really did feel like i was playing the movie Saving private ryan. And i like how realeastic BIA was , in order words the cursing and violence, which really made the game feel realistic. Hopefully CoD2 is like this , and if its better, then it would be my favorite WWII game ever. BIA is currently my favorite one, just wish it was longer...

8. Games   -   #8
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Dont get me wrong, i like BIA too, i just felt limited when it came to squad mates.

9. Games   -   #9
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    DOD source is out ?????
    my friend is a beta tester

10. Games   -   #10
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    Dont get me wrong, i like BIA too, i just felt limited when it came to squad mates.
    limited yes. but go and find another game like this on the market, the only that comes close is FSW, which btw doesn't really let you shoot the gun . BiA is an awesome game, and as formula pointed out, it really immerses you into the game, something that unfornately CoD couldn't do, i mean the whole "1 man army" thing gets old, especially when it's on WWII (thanks a lot EA). i'm looking forward to CoD2 in hopes of immersiveness and better squad tactics then BiA.

edit: and the whole "no crosshairs"...simply brilliant. (i'm well aware that you can in fact turn on the crosshairs in BiA and other games also have a feature where you can turn em on/off, but BiA is the first game that actually utilizes this and really immerses you into the game, at one point i actually was scared to move my character to dodge some MG42 fire thinking to myself "hmmm, will i be able to hit the guy 100 feet away from me w/ this thompson w/o having to go into ironsight view? [so i sent one of my other guys ])
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-12-2005 at 12:39 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast