Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-mule

I love the program (doesnt use the full download bandwidth (uses about 40-50 out of 75)) But the searches are very good for finding rare files.

Ive prob downloaded more on emule than kazaa in a year. Total uploaded = 30Gb and Total downloaded = 100GB in a month period.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    imported_The__One
    I like emule more then K++ for some things, and K++ better then emule for others...this has already been stated 100 times, but here goes: K++ is good beacuse it has the best speeds, and if U want popular files, Kazaa is perfect , however, emule, although mutch slower then kazaa, has a LOT of games and movies, wich are not corrupt...so is it better to download a corrupt/fake file at 100kbps, or get the real thing at 10kbps??

Bottom line is: Use both, and put SoulSeek is for a complete package

p.s: besides ther's always a server with good ping (100-300ms), and with a lot of users and files available for me

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@6 April 2003 - 18:03
    you could try switching servers. And searching globally (not just on the server you're on) helps a lot too.
    That's exactly right, MN. People who say they hate eMule might not realize this. You need to update your server list, then pick one with a low ping and a lot of files (double-click on it to connect to that server). And when you search, use 'Global Search' - you'll get more results that way. Like I said before, it's a great program once you learn how to use it. They just need to make it a little more user friendly.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    emule is very good for newer stuff slower a lot slower at times but mmore reliable

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    i like Emule cuz i can get newer stuff than any other programme i know, and the files are never corrupted
    but on the other hand, it takes hours to DL a song, not to mantion a movie or a game
    that why i use kazaa, when i DL them i got DL in 80k....
    but pick your favorite....

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    eMules good for the rare file, it suks for common movies and games that you can jsut get off of KaZaa much much much faster
    -TiMz

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i've never tried it

maybe i should... i think i will. thx guys

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@7 April 2003 - 03:21
    I love the program (doesnt use the full download bandwidth (uses about 40-50 out of 75)) But the searches are very good for finding rare files.

Ive prob downloaded more on emule than kazaa in a year. Total uploaded = 30Gb and Total downloaded = 100GB in a month period.
    30GB up and 100GB down... hmm there is a name 4 ppl like you ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12