Thread: Movie(s) Problem

this is reguarding all the movies that i have downloaded. when i download a crappy rip from the cinima it workes fins (usually about 200mb a part) but when i download a (dvd rip),screener the video play's slow but the audio plays at normal speed. so after about a miniute of playing i would say that it has shown about 10sec of video. it seems that the video is playing at a frame per second. my spec is a sfollows,

400mhz cpu
    190mb ram
    40gb hdd
    8mb internal video mem
    windows media player 9 seris

what is happining.

i have tried BS player,virtual dub, none of that worked. it only seems to be with the high quality movies.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Your PC is underpowered! DivX's minimum requirement is Pentium II 450 but I recommend at least 1000MHz.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    gatty76's Avatar Member
    It might have something to do with your processor speed with the higher quality films.
    Try closing other programs down when running the film, try not to use Media player as it uses a huge amount of resources just being open!
    I would have thought BSplayewr would handle it ok, try right clicko#ing in the view window and adjusting the properties of the video codec. i.e. if its a DivX5 file you can adjust the Quality level in the post processor setting tab.

If u dont get any joy there you may need a player that uses a smaller resourses footprint. I used to use GDivX player before i found BSplayer. (Cant remeber url atm sorry) although the current installer comes bundled with adware.

Did you try re-installing your codecs??

Hope u find an answer

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    yup 400 mhz is too small. time for an upgrade dude.
    you should be ashamed to be running a 400mhz anyway. jk

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    gatty76's Avatar Member
    surprise surprise gdivx is on http://www.gdivx.com

lol

Give that a try the adware is removable without harming the gdivx prog

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    It sounds like a codec problem to me!!

I had problems like that with the KliteCodec and with Nimo. Never had it with the cam versions just like you!
    Only i never had the slow picture/normal sound problem!

The only thing that really works for me is XvidCodec from SLD! (can be found on Klite!! version 1.3)

And i never use Mediaplayer for my movies! But i use Gdivx Player (Global Divx Player)
    Download it here: GDivX.com

Good luck!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Originally posted by sred2003@6 April 2003 - 21:46
    yup 400 mhz is too small. time for an upgrade dude.
    you should be ashamed to be running a 400mhz anyway. jk
    you will be laughting soon when i get my new comp, this ant my pc anyway, its my mums and dads i have been saveing up for a long time to get a new pc, getting a pc that cam supots up to 6ghz it is a mb with to psu slots, so that will rock.

thnaks everyonw that bothered to reply, i apreasheate it.

thnaks