Thread: IM Solutions in the Office.

Alot of SA are blocking the major IM networks in office environments. I was wondering if there were any alternative solutions or ways to get around this besides eMessenger.net

I remember the good old days of BBS where one person could just use Telix and dialup the other person and chat and even share files. I don't need a whole list of people to conference with, just good ol one on one chatting.

Is there any IM/chatting software that can do this nowadays without going through a network or server? It seems like a very simple thing to do. Are there software where you can directly connect to another peer, like the way you connect to a FTP server by simply keying in their IP address. I've search for ages on download.com and softpedia with no luck. Perhaps someone here knows of someway.

Cheers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Just curious if youve tried any of the Online Live Chat rooms that some forums have...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    If i can't use messenger i lie to use webmessenger.msn.com.
    looks and works just like msn 7 but it's web based.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Actually I'm more looking more a direct connection kind of communication software without any third party/server and stuff like that. It's just weird and unbelievable that there is none around.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    There is, which is java-based I think, no software or anything, just load the page and log in.

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/express/aim_expr.adp?aolp=
    Last edited by orcutt989; 04-14-2005 at 04:04 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hmm that's like eMessenger for AIM.

I'm still trying to look for a solution on this but no luck.