Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2 Expansion Pack Official

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    April 8, 2005 - After weeks of simmering speculation, the latest edition of PC Gamer UK has unveiled Aftermath, the expansion pack to Half-Life 2, said to feature Alyx and Dog in a more high-profile role, slated for release this summer, and under development by Valve. It's not entirely clear if Gordon will be the main character, but it sounds like Alyx won't be, either. Reportedly, Alyx has a pistol in the SDK that can be upgraded to a sniper rifle and submachine gun.

Aftermath will take place after the events in Half-Life 2, as the citadel you crippled will launch into space, and you and Alyx will escape from City 17. Without the barriers put up by the alien invaders, creatures previously unable to enter will be able to roam freely, making your escape that much more difficult.

It also sounds as though the expansion pack may be distributed through Steam rather than through Vivendi, their current publisher, because of the time-consuming mastering, duplication, and distribution. "The reason we're able to do this, and the reason it's so exciting, is because of Steam," Valve designer Robin Harper says in the PC Gamer article. "If we're doing this without Steam, we'd have to put it in a box. We'd have to start figuring out shelf space over a year beforehand."
    thanks god i didnt delete Half life Files :phew:

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Awesome

3. Games   -   #3
    In my Half-Life 2 game the characters are frozen in time

4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    If they distribute through Steam then it shouldn't cost shit.

Shelving and "truck" distribution costs are built into what we pay for the game.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Games   -   #5
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    yeah if we purchased HL2 then we should be able to get this off steam ... but they did make us buy the GOLD pack to play DOD SOURCE and HL SOURCE...lame

6. Games   -   #6
    Bah read this a week ago, more info:
    Those who have completed the game will know that it's left wide open for a follow-up expansion pack. PC Gamer magazine, an offline publication, reports that the pack will be titled 'Aftermath' and is scheduled for the summer.
    Many thought that the player would assume the role of Alyx Vance for the follow-up, but it seems that she will instead play a much greater role in your adventures, but alongside the player character, who may or may not be Gordon. The game is set, perhaps unsurprisingly, a little after the events of the first, as the player gets to grips with the consequences of events that were set rolling.
    PC Gamer also has information about 'The Lost Coast', the fabled high-end graphics level. According to Valve, the level will require 1GB RAM, a 3.2GHz processor and a top-end graphics card. One of the new features will be support for High Dynamic Range lighting. Interestingly, ATI - big-money sponsors of Half-Life 2 - don't support the industry standard for HDR lighting, which is OpenEXR.
    PC Gamer is on the shelves now in the UK. Look for more information to be springing up online over the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    yeah if we purchased HL2 then we should be able to get this off steam ... but they did make us buy the GOLD pack to play DOD SOURCE and HL SOURCE...lame

Im not sure about you buy they didn't make me do anything.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 04-13-2005 at 03:20 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Wohoo, I can;t wait.

8. Games   -   #8
    erm, are they gonna make us wait another 5 years again ?

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

9. Games   -   #9
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by gildan2020
    erm, are they gonna make us wait another 5 years again ?

gildan2020
    LOL, I really hope not.

10. Games   -   #10
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    YAY! HalfLIFe 2 Expansion........i hope the release a release date and keep to it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast