Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Lions Squad

manker's Avatar effendi
    Ryan Jones was man of the match on his Lions debut this morning.

I don't think I've ever seen him play better, Shane Williams was also outstanding - both should definitely be in the 22 that travel to Christchurch (I think) for the first test on Saturday but Woodward may have other ideas (). The second half display was brilliant, against a top NZ club side packed with All-Blacks, hopefully this momentum can be carried into the next game and on to the weekend.

Can't wait for next week
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I heard Woodward discuss the Welsh contingent after the game.

He said they were awesome both on and off the park and that it was no surprise they had won the Grand Slam.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I heard Woodward discuss the Welsh contingent after the game.

He said they were awesome both on and off the park and that it was no surprise they had won the Grand Slam.
    Lip service.

I honestly believe he's going to play Wilkinson at inside centre on Saturday, which is stupid. He was never that creative before his injury and now that he can't tackle properly he'll be a burden to the side. We did a similar thing with Neil Jenkins a few years back - accomodating him in the side because of his kicking. Didn't do a bit of good. I think he'll pick Neil Back too

Anyhow, I'll still be cheering them on.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Feck's sake. He DID pick Wilkinson at inside centre and Neil Back.

There is NOBODY on the bench with any flair to replace him should we need to chase the game. Henson was man-of-the-match for the 'reserves' so that rules him out and Shane Williams (the most elusive winger in the world) doesn't even make the bench. The only player who didn't play on Tuesday in the whole squad to miss out.

Fecking Woodward

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I thought Henson played really well in the midweek game.

If he needed to make a point I consider it made.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I thought Henson played really well in the midweek game.

If he needed to make a point I consider it made.
    Indeed, him and O'Driscoll in the centre looks, on paper, like a match made in heaven. I hope we get to see it on this tour in a test.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on Woodward, he has kept the Welsh half-back pairing despite Stephen Jones not giving a particularly good display on this tour. I'm just pissed off about the accomadation of Wilkinson and the old boys' school composition of the pack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12