Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imho

1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    yes, i stand by that statement. 3 of the very few sequels that were better then the original.

any one elses opinion?

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    But Godfather 2, and Empire Strikes Back, terminator 2, were all better then their respective prequels.

Your right. But only very few movies that can be listed that are better then their first release.
    As for T3...it has the same case as matrix, all can't wait and wonder though never get to hyper
    about it. The first two are likely wonderful, especially part 2. T3 would only be depended on special effects not the whole idea of a plot or good story. Yes, t1 and t2 has special effects, but they had a good story line supporting them. t3 is only passed on now on special effects. Nevertheless, I myself, can't wait and judge.

PS. movies you listed are good, and I'm sharing t1 t2.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    But Godfather 2, and Empire Strikes Back, terminator 2, were all better then their respective prequels.
    yes movies can pull off sequels that are beter than the original but like the guy said it is tough to do and rare. Aliens too, alien was scary and very good, but
    aliens kicked major ass.

remember the die hard trilogy. whether the sequels were better is debatable but all of those movies were great. and action movies.

as far as T3. i think it looks horrible from what i have seen.
    arnold schwartznegger just makes me laugh when i hear him talk.
    i cant take anything he says seriously. when i was a kid i could but
    now? no way.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    as far as T3. i think it looks horrible from what i have seen.
    arnold schwartznegger just makes me laugh when i hear him talk.
    i cant take anything he says seriously. when i was a kid i could but
    now? no way.

this is why the first t1 and t2, he was a rebot, and didn't say much... only few lines to remember.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Ya, i am worried t3 is gonna be a big fat fart, especially w/o james cameron at the helm, as he had "no more stories to tell", regarding the terminator series.

I guess we will.

I agree with u on the aliens one too...

what you guys think about highlander 2, the quickening?

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    highlander?

wow, thats an old movie but yet a good story plot. I do like the story plot and the whole idea of how their should be the "only one". though the movies that came out, aren't as good as the serries that were on TV, I don't know but the movies didn't do much for me. I like the story to develop and be long, action is fun but a good plot is what makes the action work better. I found the fighting in the movies that came out were useless and only "action" without any good plot to it. Maybe its just me.

cheers

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    imported_The__One
    Well, about the original topic, I thought The Matrix was one of the best movies I've ever seen....personally, I thought the action kicked ass ( wasn't TOO motch, like in xXx, Terminator series...) And, if U'r into that kinda stuff, the matrix was much more then just a action movie with no storie, ther's a "deeper" meaning to practicly every sentence, gesture and scene of the movie (My fucking filosofy teacher is showing the movie in the classes, and relaiting it to Plato, Socrates... zzzzzz....

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    has anyone got the sig 2 dat for matrix reloaded by any chance

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Fasttracker A
    What made the matrix so good is the story not the action.
    Allthough the action was cool, action cannot replace a great story.

The whole idea that we could ourselves be living in a dream world is what made the story great
    The concept that your NOT really here right now reading this , but just dreaming about reading this and not even knowing.

Its the ultimate mind fuck

I allmost wish I could go back and watch it for the first time,after smoking one.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@8 April 2003 - 02:41
    For the most part, that is true.

okay.. i definitly agree that T2 was better then the first. And i'm a true believer that any sequel has the potentiol to be better then the first film. But are we all forgeting what are good friends in Scream taught us..?? Godfather 2 and Empire Strikes Back are not sequels.... they're part of a trilogy, like LOTR. Your not gonna compare Two Towers to the Fellowship are you? The thing about T2 is that the first one almost seemed to set up the second one perfectly... there's no way you could've just had T2 without T1. I would definitly consider Reloaded to be a true sequal and hopefully it'll at least be like the Die Hard series, something where i could sit down and watch all three and be entertained the whole 7 hours.

What do i know though...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast